Mark your calendars… We are having a Hotel Transylvania Twitter Party on Tuesday, October 9. As we get ready for our epic Twitter Party, we wanted to share this fabulous idea for Hotel Transylvania Party Treats created by our DIY expert Tonya.
This post is sponsored by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
Hotel Transylvania is such a perfect film for your family movie night. You can make your movie night extra special with fun treats that will really impress your kids.
Keep reading to find out how to make Hotel Transylvania Rice Krispie Treats as well as Dracu Straws and Smoothies.
And of course, be sure to join our Twitter Party on Tuesday, October 9.
#HotelT3 Twitter Party Details
Topic: Hotel Transylvania 3 Movie Chat
Date: Tuesday, Oct 9
Time: 8:00 – 9:00 pm Eastern / 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Pacific
Party hosts to follow: @5minutesformom
Party sponsor to follow: @HotelT
BEFORE the Twitter Party…
1 Early Bird Prize Winner who RSVPs and tweets about #HotelT3 will be selected randomly from the RSVP list and announced at the start of the Twitter Party.
- $50 Amazon Gift Card and Hotel Transylvania 3 Prize Pack with Blu-ray™.
DURING the Twitter Party…
RSVP is not required for these prizes. Winners will be selected randomly from those actively tweeting during the Twitter Party.
- SEVEN (7) Prize Pack Winners: Each winning a Hotel Transylvania 3 Prize Pack with Blu-ray™
- ONE (1) Runner-Up Prize Winner: Winning a $50 Amazon Gift Card and Hotel Transylvania 3 Prize Pack with Blu-ray™.
- ONE (1) Grand Prize Winner: Winning a $100 Amazon Gift Card and Hotel Transylvania 3 Prize Pack with Blu-ray™.
RSVP and Tweet Now
If you will be joining the party, RSVP below and Tweet now with #HotelT3 and you’ll be entered to win the Early Bird Prize of a $50 Amazon Gift Card and Hotel Transylvania 3 Prize Pack with Blu-ray™.
Add your Twitter Handle below…
Example Link Text: @5minutesformom
Example URL: https://twitter.com/5minutesformom
We’re also asking that you provide your email, but that will not show publicly. By RSVP’ing below, you are giving permission for us to follow up with you by email and remind you about the party.
Hotel Transylvania Party Treats
These Hotel Transylvania party treats are delicious, and so easy to make. It’s a great food craft to get the kids involved.
Supplies To Make Hotel Transylvania Rice Krispies:
- Rice Krispies – pre-packaged, or make your own for a gluten-free version
- Melting candies – white, black, bright green, light green
- Vegetable shortening
- Chocolate chips
- Cookie icing – purple
- Candy eyes
- Edible decorating paper – white
- Assorted nonpareils (see photos below)
How To Assemble Your Hotel Transylvania Rice Krispies Treats
Place parchment paper onto a baking tray and set aside. Once your rice krispies treats are decorated you will need to place them there until the candy is hard.
Step 1: Using the edible decorating paper, cut out small teeth for Drac and the Gremlin. Set these aside.
Step 2: Make one character style at a time. You shouldn’t try to make all of your favorite characters at once. It’s easier if you choose one design at a time to work on.
- Melt the candies for your first Hotel Transylvania character – add 1/3 bag of candies with 1 tsp of vegetable shortening to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring thoroughly after each until candy is completely melted.
- Spread over the top (including sides and back) of your Rice Krispies Treat and place onto the parchment paper. Tip: Do not move onto the next color until you’ve completed the next step.
Step 3: Attach any nonpareils, candy eyes, and decorations to the melted candy after it has been added to the Rice Krispies Treat BEFORE they harden. As you can see with Blobby below, he simply requires melted light green candies and candy eyeballs.
Repeat the above steps to complete Rice Krispies for Drac, the Gremlin, and Murray.
Tips For Making Awesome Hotel Transylvania Party Treats:
- Use a toothpick to create definition on the purple eyelids, the black around Murray’s eyes, and Drac’s facial features.
- To make the skin color for Drac, simply mix about 5 chocolate chips with the white candies when melting. This color will allow the other features to stand out.
- If you can’t find light green candy melts for Blobby, mix a few yellow candy melts with the green from the Gremlin.
- Use a toothpick to mark lines across Murray’s melted white candy head to give the appearance of bandages wrapping around him – do this before the candy hardens.
And there you have a it, the perfect party treats to enjoy during our Hotel Transylvania Twitter Party.
How To Make Dracu Straws and Smoothies
For extra fun at your Hotel Transylvania 3, download these fun printables with instructions for how to make Dracu Straws and Smoothies.
You can click on either one of these images to download the pdf file with both pages…
Pin it for Later