We had great fun creating toy-inspired Rice Krispies Treats for the Kellogg Canada charitable #TreatsForToys program. Over the holidays, Kellogg Canada donated $20 to the Salvation Army for each toy-inspired treat uploaded to RiceKrispies.ca The Salvation Army, in turn, used the donations to buy toys for children in need. (Please note that we were part of a promotional campaign with Rice Krispies.)
Julia, Sophia and Olivia demonstrate how to make a Rice Krispies Treats Princess using this Rice Krispies Princess recipe in this fun video.
THE ORIGINAL RECIPE for Rice Krispies Squares
50 ml (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
250 g 1 package regular marshmallows
2 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
1.5 L 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt the margarine in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Spread mix out into a buttered pan and press down firmly.
Steps To Make A Princess Rice Krispies Treat
- Make one large pan of Original Recipe Rice Krispies Squares.
- Cut out shapes to form into Princess: circle for the head, two small rectangles for the arms, square for the upper body, and rounded skirt shape with flat bottom for the skirt and lower body.
- Place shapes on a cookie sheet and use icing to secure pieces together to form princess.
- Get creative and decorate. Hint… using fondant icing for a smooth dress.
See our #TreatsForToys posts at
For more ideas and to add YOUR own Rice Krispies Treats Recipes, visit our Rice Krispies Treats Resource Page.