Did you make a resolution or goal to start eating healthier this year? These healthy snacks will help you stay on track.
There’s a good reason why so many of us make healthy eating New Year Resolutions. We could start them any day of the year, but it’s so much more motivating to start eating healthier after the culinary adventure we call the holidays.
During fall and winter, my indulgences in comfort food and holiday treats go into overdrive. So each January, I try to get back to healthier eating again. A New Year reset!
Since I want to focus on eating healthy foods, planning healthy snacks is critical. Snacking is my biggest challenge to losing weight.
When you’re trying to eat healthier, the first step is to always have fresh snacks prepared and ready to eat. The second step is to have a set of tasty recipes that you can prepare easily and enjoy so you don’t feel deprived or bored with your food.
For ready-to-eat snacks, you’ll want to stock up on:
- Vegetables – Cucumbers, carrots, peppers, and tomatoes are perfect for quick snacks. Keep them washed and ready to eat in your fridge.
- Fruits – Bananas are such a great snack because they are filling and no prep. I also freeze chunks of bananas to add to smoothies. Apples, pears, and oranges are great to stock up on since they last so well in the fridge. And then treat yourself to other tasty fruit suck as kiwis and berries whenever you can.
- Nuts and Seeds – Raw nuts are the healthiest, but roasted nuts and seeds are also great snacks to have on hand. You can add them to salads, make homemade trail mix, and use in many other recipes.
- Plain Greek Yogurt – I get a big container of plain Greek yogurt and use it in so many different ways such as homemade veggie dip, adding to smoothies, or eating with granola for breakfast.
- Eggs – Hard boil eggs to add to salads or make a tasty omelet.
- Avocados – There are so many ways to eat avocados from serving on toast, topping salads, adding to sandwiches, and adding to smoothies.
But, you’ll likely want to go beyond those basic snack ideas. I like to get inspiration from other bloggers to make a variety of different recipes. If you’re planning to eat better this year, take a look at these healthy snacks for a healthy New Year…
Healthy Snacks For a Healthy New Year
These recipes are all easy to make and I selected them because I think you’ll find they taste just as good (if not better) as not-so-healthy snack recipes.
I’m always expanding my collection of healthy snacks so if you can recommend other such recipes please share them in the comments!
Share With Your Friends
We’d love if you pin this post or share it with your friends… Thanks so much! 🙂