Tonya here… the holidays are almost here and if you are looking for ways to keep your kids occupied this winter, we’ve got a fun craft and activity that they will love… Snowman Tin Can Toss. Thank you to Testors.com for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
This is not only a fun activity, and craft, but it is also a great way to re-purpose tin cans that you would normally toss into the recycling bin, especially if you normally buy cans of mushroom soup to make green bean casserole, corn and peas, or pumpkin puree over the holiday season.
What you need:
- Tin cans – empty, washed, and dried
- Testors Craft 3oz Aerosol Paint – white wedding
- Testors Craft Acrylic 2oz Paint – orange and black for snowman face, assortment of colors for scarf
- Ball or bean bag
Begin by spray-painting the outside of the tin cans with the white wedding Testors Craft 3oz Aerosol Paint. I recommend doing a couple of coats, allowing each to dry thoroughly.
Then, you can work on adding facial features to your snowman, including a carrot nose, eyes, buttons, and a warm scarf using the Testors Craft Acrylic 2oz Paint in assorted colors. I found it easier to draw on the basic features first before starting to paint, that way I could make changes if I felt I needed to.
Set up your tin cans indoors or outside, depending on the weather, grab a bean bag or ball, and have fun knocking them down. Make it harder each time by moving a line further away from the tin can snowmen, or try bowling a ball instead of throwing it.
Pin this post for later:
Take a look at my other Testors creations too:
- How to Make a Handmade Breakfast Tray
- How to Make a DIY Pallet Photo Frame
- How to Make an Easy Unicorn Costume for Kids
- How to Airbrush Personalized Shirts for Kids
- Get Outside And Play With Spray Chalk
- How to Make A Poop Emoji Costume For Kids
Disclosure: This post is sponsored, so extra thanks for reading and sharing.
Written by Tonya Staab, contributor at 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with us: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with us at pinterest.com/5minutesformom