Are you looking for a fun winter activity for kids? You will all love this DIY Snowman Tin Can Toss game.
Thank you to Testors.com for sponsoring this post.
Tonya here… with a fun winter craft and activity, that is also a great way to re-purpose tin cans that you would normally toss into the recycling bin. If you buy cans of mushroom soup to make green bean casserole, corn and peas, or pumpkin puree over the holiday season, this can toss game is the perfect way to use those all those tin cans.
Supplies to make a DIY Snowman Tin Can Toss game:
- Tin cans – empty, washed, and dried
- Testors Craft 3oz Aerosol Paint – white wedding
- Testors Craft Acrylic 2oz Paint – orange and black for snowman face, assortment of colors for scarf
- Ball or bean bag
To make the DIY snowman tin cans, begin by spray-painting the outside of the tin cans with the white wedding Testors Craft 3oz Aerosol Paint. I recommend doing a couple of coats, allowing each to dry thoroughly.
Then, you can work on adding facial features to your snowman, including a carrot nose, eyes, buttons, and a warm scarf using the Testors Craft Acrylic 2oz Paint in assorted colors. I found it easier to draw on the basic features first before starting to paint, that way I could make changes if I felt I needed to.
Set up your tin cans indoors or outside, depending on the weather, grab a bean bag or ball, and have fun knocking them down. Make it harder each time by moving a line further away from the tin can snowmen, or try bowling a ball instead of throwing it.
Pin this DIY Snowman Tin Can Toss Game for later:
Take a look at my other Testors creations too:
- How to Make a Handmade Breakfast Tray
- How to Make a DIY Pallet Photo Frame
- How to Make an Easy Unicorn Costume for Kids
- How to Airbrush Personalized Shirts for Kids
- Get Outside And Play With Spray Chalk
- How to Make A Poop Emoji Costume For Kids
Disclosure: This post is sponsored, so extra thanks for reading and sharing.
Written by Tonya Staab, contributor at 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with us: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with us at pinterest.com/5minutesformom