Hi there, 5 Minutes for Mom readers! I’m Angela, from Angela’s Adventures and I’m so very excited to be a new food contributor for this awesome site! As a stay at home Mom of a 2 year old, a 4 year old and another baby due in March, I know just how important it is for each Mom to have a few moments to catch her breath, connect with other Moms and get inspired!
I hope that my recipes will be something that you and you’re family will love and I also hope that through my writing, you’ll hear that I’m a busy Mom who loves her family something fierce, just like you! When I’m not busy chasing after my kids, you’ll find me trying new recipes, snapping thousands of photos (mostly of kids and food), and of course, writing. Writing is my passion, whether I’m writing about the season of life that we’re in or the latest salad that I’ve been craving- I write and I love it.
Today I’m sharing a recipe that I made a few Sunday’s ago, for a big football game that we watched. Our team didn’t win and so, what a relief it was when my husband said that these cookies are the BEST he’s ever had. Nothing washes away a bad football game like the perfect chocolate chip cookie, stuffed with a soft and chewy Oreo.
These cookies are the perfect Super Bowl snack that’ll leave your friends begging for more, or a Valentine’s Day treat that says “I love you”. The bonus for you is that they’re easy to make and not too time consuming! Delicious is great but, delicious and easy is way better!
- ¾ c. unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 12 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes. After the dough is chilled, scoop a 2 inch sized clump into your hand and flatten it out like a pancake. Lay the Oreo on top of the dough and then shape the dough around the Oreo, until the Oreo is completely hidden. The cookies will be large so, put only 4-6 on each baking sheet. Continue to chill the dough in between batches of cookies. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until barely golden brown, just around the edges.
- Let cool on the sheet, for a minute or two and then transfer to a wire rack. Makes 12 large Oreo Stuffed Cookies.
Share your recipe!
Weekly Recipe Roundup Linky — Add one of your recent recipe posts to the Linky List below!