This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Instant Pot Pesto Chicken is quick and easy to make. The juicy chicken breasts are stuffed with tomatoes and smothered in pesto sauce. It is as good as it sounds.
Our friend Corrie, from Corrie Cooks, is an expert in Instant Pot recipes! And he made this Instant Pot Pesto Chicken recipe for us to share with you today.
You can make this super fast and delicious chicken dinner in less than 20 minutes using your Instant Pot. This recipe is amazing not only in taste but also in its simplicity.
All you need chicken, pesto, some cheese, and tomatoes. Those are probably ingredients you already have in your pantry.
This recipe without pesto is not the same. Still, you can make it with homemade or store-bought pesto. Also, if you want to diversify, you can use a red pesto. It is mind-blowing!
Can I use frozen chicken?
Yes you can, but in my opinion it’s better to defrost it first.
If you do use frozen chicken, add 3 minutes to the cooking time in the first step.
Can I substitute the chicken for a different meat?
Yes, you can. Instead of the chicken, you can use turkey. It will be as delicious as with the chicken.
When you’re making Instant Pot Pesto Chicken, you can choose whatever cheese you like best: mozzarella, parmesan, Gouda or even Brie. The cheese may melt out, especially if using softer types.
Can I use large tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes?
Yes, you can. You can use whatever fresh tomatoes you have, San Marzano, grape, on the vine. Any of these will work.
For more delicious Instant Pot recipes, check out Corrie Cooks 🙂
How To Make Instant Pot Pesto Chicken
Gather all the ingredients:
Butterfly the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Smear 1 tsp pesto per chicken breast. Top with a few slices of cherry tomatoes. Finally sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese.
Smear some pesto over top chicken and top with parmesan.
Place in the Instant Pot and add the rest of the pesto and 1/2 cup of water (or chicken broth).
Lock the lid into place. Select manual and set to High Pressure. Set the timer to 7 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a quick pressure release.
Instant Pot Pesto Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup basil pesto or red pesto
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Butterfly chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread some pesto over chicken.
- Slice 2 cherry tomatoes and place over pesto. Spread half the mozzarella over the tomatoes.
- Close the chicken. Smear more pesto on top and place the rest of the pesto in the Instant Pot.
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot and pour around the water or chicken broth.
- Top the chicken with parmesan.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle ends, perform a quick pressure release.
- Top the chicken with the rest of the mozzarella and place the rest of the tomatoes around the chicken.
- Lock the lid and cook on the High Pressure for another 2 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and serve.
Pin this Instant Pot Pesto Chicken recipe for later
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
We love cooking in our Instant Pots. It’s so quick and easy! Here are a few of our favorite recipes…
Instant Pot Apple Crisp
Leave a Comment