It is Friday night AND the #UBP14 — the perfect time to indulge in this ULTIMATE Berry Mojito we created.
Mojitos are one of my favorite cocktails and I love to taste the different versions restaurants have to offer. BUT, I hate to pay $8-12 for a cocktail, so most of the mojitos I drink are ones I make myself.
Here is an ultimate version of a mojito we made in honor of the Ultimate Blog Party. This sweet drink, with a dash of tart, takes my favorite Raspberry Mojito up to ultimate levels of delicious with raspberries, blackberries, and crème de cassis, (blackcurrant liqueur.) But no worries — if you don’t have any cassis in your house, just add a bit more rum and muddle a few more berries. I do recommend picking up a bottle of crème de cassis though the next time you are shopping. It is the perfect liqueur for sweetening drinks.
I just wish you could pop over here and I could shake up one of these Berry Mojitos just for you. I love making this drink — it is super fun and the perfect #UBP14 treat!
- 6 raspberries (reserve a couple for garnishing)
- 6 blackberries (reserve a couple for garnishing)
- 8-10 mint leaves/sprigs (reserve a couple for garnishing)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (or a pinch of stevia)
- .75 shot of lime juice
- Ice (crushed or cubed)
- 1.5 shots of white rum (dark or spiced rum work well too)
- .75 shot of crème de cassis (blackcurrant liqueur)
- Club soda
- In a Collins glass, muddle raspberries, blackberries, stevia/sugar, lime juice, and mint leaves.
- In a beverage shaker, add ice and rum and shake vigorously. Pour into glass with muddled ingredients. Add crème de cassis and top with club soda.
- Garnish with remaining berries and mint leaves.
Are You New to the Ultimate Blog Party???
If you haven’t heard of the Ultimate Blog Party, it is an annual blogging event here at 5 Minutes for Mom created to help bloggers meet each other and grow their communities and social media followings.
We would love to have you join us — come on over to this year’s party, the #UBP14.
Written and photographed by Janice Croze, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom and owner of Janice Croze Photography