How many of you start dreaming of all things “pumpkin” when the leaves start changing color?
It’s not just me right? Whew … ok. Now, on to my fall obsession: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Top Cookies.
I started making these last year when I spent several months obsessed with pumpkin. I made Pumpkin Bread with Egg-Nog Cream Cheese Filling . . . Slow Cooker Spicy Pumpkin Chili . . . and these amazing cookies. Pumpkin overkill? No such thing!
These cookies are light and cakey . . . spiced and pumpkiny . . . comforting and chocolatey.
It takes just a few minutes to whip them up thanks to using a spice cake mix. Yup, yup. I like quick and easy desserts, especially on game day. I made them, most recently, last weekend while family and friends watched football in my living room. Each time I pulled the pan from the oven, someone was there . . . waiting for fresh from the oven perfection.
- 1 box of Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15oz can of Pumpkin Puree (NOT pie filling)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 bag of Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cake mix and the pumpkin puree.
- Break open the egg and add it, folding it in till fully incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate chips into the mixture and carefully fold in.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, portion out the dough onto the cookie sheet in 1-2 tablespoon sized portions, leaving 1-2 inches between each cookie.
- Place into the oven and bake for 9-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are springy and bounce back when touched.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool slightly on a wire rack before removing the cookies off the pan and serving.
Written by Rachel Lacy and originally published here at 5 Minutes for Mom in September 2012.
Find More Fabulous Recipes
Follow our Recipes Pinterest Board…
Follow all our Pinterest boards at http://pinterest.com/5minutesformom/