This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
How many of you start dreaming of all things “pumpkin” when the leaves start changing color? It’s not just me right? Whew … ok. Now, on to my fall obsession: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Top Cookies.
I started making these last year when I spent several months obsessed with pumpkin. I made Pumpkin Bread with Egg-Nog Cream Cheese Filling . . . Slow Cooker Spicy Pumpkin Chili . . . and these amazing cookies. Pumpkin overkill? No such thing!
These cookies are light and cakey . . . spiced and pumpkiny . . . comforting and chocolatey.
It takes just a few minutes to whip them up thanks to using a spice cake mix. Yup, yup. I like quick and easy desserts, especially on game day. I made them, most recently, last weekend while family and friends watched football in my living room.
Each time I pulled the pan from the oven, someone was there . . . waiting for fresh from the oven perfection.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Top Cookies
- 1 box of Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15 oz can of Pumpkin Puree NOT pie filling
- 1 large Egg
- 1 bag of Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cake mix and the pumpkin puree.
- Break open the egg and add it, folding it in till fully incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate chips into the mixture and carefully fold in.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, portion out the dough onto the cookie sheet in 1-2 tablespoon sized portions, leaving 1-2 inches between each cookie.
- Place into the oven and bake for 9-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are springy and bounce back when touched.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool slightly on a wire rack before removing the cookies off the pan and serving.
Written by Rachel Lacy and originally published here at 5 Minutes for Mom in September 2012.
Find More Fall Recipes
Here are more delicious fall recipes your family will love…
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Pancake Hearts -- Dipping Sweetness
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Leave a Comment