The ultimate gift for girls is an American Girl doll… and Melody Ellison, their newest BeForever character who launched in August, will thrill your girls this Christmas.
Melody is a 9-year old girl growing up in Detroit, Michigan, during the civil rights movement of the 1960s. Her inspiring story shows how she lifts her voice for equality. Reading Melody’s book will help your girls learn about this important time in America’s history.
It was so important to ensure Melody’s story and the product collection was historically accurate and culturally authentic, that American Girl worked for over two years with an esteemed six-member advisory board. They reviewed and gave insight into development of the doll, books, outfits, accessories, issues, and story setting. The Melody advisory board members included:
- The late Horace Julian Bond, chairman emeritus, NAACP Board of Directors and founding member of Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC)
- Gloria House, director and professor emerita, African and African American Studies, University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Juanita Moore , President and CEO of the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit and founding executive director of the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis
- Rebecca de Schweinitz, associate professor of history, Brigham Young University, Utah, and author of If We Could Change the World: Young People and America’s Long Struggle for Racial Equality
- Thomas J. Sugrue, professor of history at New York University and author of Sweet Land of Liberty: The Forgotten Struggle for Civil Rights in the North
- JoAnn Watson, native of Detroit, ordained minister, and former executive director of the Detroit NAACP
Girls Love Melody
My girls love Melody’s adorable outfit that she comes wearing… and they’re begging for all her other outfits and accessories.
We are so excited to give one of you a Melody Ellison American Girl doll and book as part of our Christmas Giveaway event.
I love to think of the happiness this prize will bring a little girl.
If you’d like to win one, leave us a comment letting us know if your daughter, niece, or granddaughter (or another special girl in your life) loves dolls and if you think she’d like a Melody doll. Then complete your entry using the form below.
Open to US and Canada.
Disclosure: Thanks to American Girl for providing dolls for our girls and this prize. And thank you for entering and sharing to help us continue to host these fun giveaways.
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at pinterest.com/5minutesformom
Pin it for Later
Enter More Christmas Giveaways
We’ve got many more giveaways coming this month. Check out our 2016 Christmas Giveaway Event…
Holiday Gift Guides
We’ve gathered a collection of gift ideas to help you with your holiday shopping.
Find more gift ideas…
- Holiday Gift Guide For Women
- Holiday Gift Guide for Men
- Holiday Gift Guide for Kids
- Holiday Gift Guide for Teens
- Holiday Gift Guide for Grandparents