PicMonkey Resources – Free Tutorials, Editing Tips, and Design Inspiration
We are huge fans of PicMonkey. All of us here at 5 Minutes for Mom use PicMonkey regularly to edit photos and create collages, buttons, banners, and more.
We always recommend PicMonkey to bloggers and friends, so we are creating this resource page for you to easily find PicMonkey tutorials and How To posts, as well as to link up your PicMonkey posts.
BlissdomCA 2013 Photos
Janice was at BlogHer13 in Chicago and took photos during the conference and at many of the parties and events. We edited all the photos in PicMonkey. We ran many through their quick filters and added fun embellishments.
You can see the full set of our BlogHer13 photos in the gallery below. There are 66 photos and you can either watch the slideshow or click on the arrows to browse through them…
We are collecting our favorite posts about PicMonkey and have chosen some of the best PicMonkey tutorials on the web and brought them all right here for you to quickly find. With these incredible how to posts and photo editing tutorials, you will be a wild PicMonkey editing expert in no time. Have fun — and may you and the Monkey be life long friends.
Pin This Page and watch for updates….
Don’t miss our newest PicMonkey tutorials…
At 5 Minutes for Mom, we regularly publish PicMonkey tutorials and PicMonkey related posts. You can see all of our PicMonkey posts in our PicMonkey Category.
Here are three of our latest “How To” PicMonkey Photo Editing Tutorials:
PicMonkey UDPATES Collage and Editor
On July 16, 2013, PicMonkey made their greatest update ever, allowing users to edit images while in Collage AND to move their collages directly into Editor without having to save and reopen their collage. We PicMonkey fans all cheered – loudly!
To find out more and learn tips on moving seamlessly between Collage and Editor, check out our post about the great update. We also have made a detailed VIDEO TUTORIAL that walks you through the complete process of creating and editing a collage in the new Collage and Editor.
Getting Familiar with PicMonkey — PicMonkey Beginner Tutorials
If you are new to PicMonkey or just want to make sure you are not missing any PicMonkey skills, check out these fabulous tutorials:
- Beginner Editing Tips for Cool N00bs by @PicMonkeyApp
- Beginner Photo Editing with PicMonkey by @BeginnerBeans
- PicMonkey: Image Editing Made Easy by @schmutzie
- How To Make a Digital Photo Collage by @robynsworld
- Beginner Blog Design with PicMonkey + Blogger by @BeginnerBeans
- PicMonkey Tutorial – Collage and Editor Working Together by @5MinutesforMom
Playing with PicMonkey — Arts, Crafts, Printables…
- Self Portrait Print Transfer Project – Using PicMonkey! by @Artchootwit
- Alphabet Photo Magnets – Alphabet For Starters by @NoFlashCards
- Easy Kid Designed Valentines by @NoFlashCards
- Crafting with Kids at PicMonkey.com by @5MinutesforMom
- PicMonkey Mondays: Creating Graphics and Printables by @katrinaskitchen
Creating Watermarks, Transparent Images and Facebook Headers
- How to Make a Watermark in PicMonkey by @BeginnerBeans
- Creating Transparent + Solid Images in PicMonkey @BeginnerBeans
- PicMonkey Mondays: Creating a Collage includes how to make a Facebook Cover image by @katrinaskitchen
Resolution, Resizing, and Printing
- Best Photo Sizes for Printing by @PicMonkeyApp
- TIP: PicMonkey automatically resizes your photo after you upload. You can CHANGE this default resize! Photos are Resized
Fonts are FUN – PicMonkey Text Tutorials
- How to Enhance Photos Using Fonts: A PicMonkey Tutorial by @1momof5
- PicMonkey Mondays: Inserting Text Onto Photos by @katrinaskitchen
- TIP: Create shadowed text w #PicMonkey using duplicate text! Find out how from @katrinaskitchen in her tutorial PicMonkey Mondays: Creating Graphics and Printables
- A Beginner’s Guide to Pairing Fonts – This is not specific to PicMonkey, but it is a very helpful introduction to understanding fonts.
Overlays or Textures at PicMonkey Transform your Photos
- PicMonkey Mondays: Using Overlays by @katrinaskitchen
- New Light-Inspired Textures, Effects and Overlays at PicMonkey Make Your Photos Dazzle by @5MinutesforMom
- TIP: Don’t forget your collages — enhance your collages with textures and overlays too! Find out more and get ideas from our detailed video tutorial. PicMonkey Tutorial – Collage and Editor Working Together
Touch Up Techniques
- How and When to Use PicMonkey Touch Up Tools by @BeginnerBeans
- Power and Discretion: Using Touch Up Wisely by @PicMonkeyApp
- TIP: Touch ups are like tanning — too far is TOO far! When in doubt, go lighter!
PicMonkey for Play, PicMonkey for Work, PicMonkey for All
- How To Use PicMonkey as a Social Media Community Manager by @childhood
- Funny Font Collage – Letter Recognition Craft by @NoFlashCards
- TIP: Great educational craft idea — Art Cards & Purposeful Writing by @NoFlashCards
- TIP: Bloggers — improve your photos and get pinned more often with the help of great fonts! Great tips from @1momof5 How to Enhance Photos Using Fonts: A PicMonkey Tutorial
PicMonkey Tips, Tricks, and SECRETS
- Cool Tips Nobody Knows — the SUPER fabulous, secret tips from @PicMonkeyApp themselves.
- How to Color Match in PicMonkey (and make your own color palette) by @BeginnerBeans
- TIP: Want to find color palette ideas for ur PicMonkey designs? @BeginnerBeans recommends design seeds.
Please Note: PicMonkey periodically sponsors different events here at 5 Minutes for Mom. We chose to build this resource page because we love PicMonkey and want to help our readers find great photo editing and collage making tutorials. Also, we just think that photos – and life really – is all a bit more fun with PicMonkey.
If you’ve published a PicMonkey tutorial, add your link below.