These gluten free, coconut, chocolate chip cookies will make you forget all about gluten as you reach for seconds, thirds, fourths…
In my journey to eat food that helps and heals my body, rather than hurts it, I have fallen in love with coconut – especially coconut oil. Considering two years ago I wouldn’t even drink a pina colada, I am totally surprised that I now add coconut oil to foods as often as I can.
With these gluten free, chocolate chip cookies, I pumped up the coconut flavor and nutrition by using coconut oil, shredded coconut, coconut milk, and even some coconut flour. (Because coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid, I used coconut milk to add moisture to the recipe.) Yes, these are some very coconut cookies!
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup softened butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- ¼ coconut flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Beat together butter, sugar, agave syrup and vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Combine flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix on low speed of mixer, adding coconut milk until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
- Form 1 inch balls of dough and gently flatten on parchment lined cookies sheets.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 13 minutes.