Are you looking for spring activities to get you and your kids outside enjoying the weather?
I have a created a list for the month of May and on it are things that my kiddos and I can do to properly welcome Spring, that will also keep the learning alive.
32 Activities to Keep Your Kids Active Outdoors this Spring
- Search the variety of trees and look at the buds on them.
- Hang painted bird houses or bird feeders and fill them up with birdseed.
- Bird watch.
- Draw with chalk or spray chalk on your driveway or sidewalk.
- Plant potatoes and sweet corn.
- Have a playdate at the park.
- Search out robin’s nest and look for new eggs.
- Get bicycles out of storage and go on a family bike ride.
- Go to the forest preserve and search for milkweeds.
- Get up really early and watch the sunrise.
- Have a family picnic at the park.
- Plant flowers and create a container garden for your front yard or patio.
- Watch baby caterpillars and collect more milkweeds (they eat a lot).
- Blow bubbles outdoors.
- Go on a nature walk and spot wildflowers.
- Plant a garden (after Mother’s Day in the midwest).
- Watch the sunset.
- Have breakfast on the deck.
- Have a nature scavenger hunt and make nature crafts for kids.
- Make paper airplanes and fly them outside.
- Collect sticks and twigs for crafting.
- Have a media free day.
- Have a squirt gun battle.
- Play hopscotch.
- Collect smooth rocks and spend the afternoon painting rocks.
- Search for worms.
- Watch chrysalis form in the caterpillar housing.
- Make an edible miniature garden.
- Pick flowers and make a DIY flower press to preserve them.
- Take a journal to the park and write about what you see.
- Make popsicles to share with neighborhood friends.
- And lastly, write a list with your kids of things they want to do this summer.
What are some of your favorite spring activities?