When we bought our first house, a rosemary plant was one of the first things that I planted. It was a gift from my husband that meant so much to me. When life is full and busy, we need to celebrate the little things like being able to step out the front door, pick Rosemary and then later fill the house with that amazing smell of homemade bread.
The other day, my 4 year old helped me make some Rosemary Olive Oil bread. He helped me pick it, washed it for us, and then he carefully plucked the green deliciousness off of the branches. This bread made our house smell amazing! I hope you’ll give it a try and let me know what you think!
Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
- 1 cup warm water (100-110 F)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup bread flour + extra for kneading
- 1 egg (whisked + 1 Tbsp. water, for egg wash)
- dried rosemary (for sprinkling)
More Great Recipes
Find more on our Recipes Pinterest Board.