This week, my moms group celebrated its 6th anniversary. Over the past six years, I have met the most amazing women and some of my closest friends. But most importantly, I have tasted some of the best foods. Within our little corner of the world, we seriously have some of the best cooks in Tampa Bay.
Way before Pinterest, these women were constantly discovering, creating and trying new dishes and as a result, our potlucks always showed off the most colorful and tastiest dishes, like this Avocado Feta Salsa.
Diane introduced it to us first, but over the years, other friends have tried their hands at replicating it and sharing it. Today, it’s my turn.
Avocado Feta Salsa
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes (chopped and drained)
- 2 ripe Haas avocados (chopped)
- ¼ cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3.5 oz Athenos reduced fat feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3.5 oz Athenos reduced fat tomato and basil feta cheese (crumbled)
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, avocados, onion, and garlic.
- Mix in cilantro.
- Gently stir in olive oil and vinegar.
- Then stir in feta.
- Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Cover, and chill for 2 to 6 hours.