This delicious recipe for Guinness Brownies with Butterscotch Fudge is so rich and tasty, your guests will love it!
As I have developed and mastered my culinary skills in the kitchen, I have learned three things in the process:
- Making homemade brownies are so easy and taste much better than the boxed batches that I solemnly swear to never bake boxed brownies ever again.
- Iced brownies are the most delicious way to eat the fudgy delicacies.
- Beer is a wonderful ingredient and a great leavening agent for many desserts, like cupcakes or in this case, brownies.
That’s right. Beer. The alcohol evaporates in the baking process, so no one will ever know nor taste your special secret ingredient. Much like my family, they’ll just keep shoveling down the brownies and no breathalyzer test is necessary.
Since the recipe requires a cookie sheet or 9×13 pan, it makes a large batch of brownies which is perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day party, potluck picnic or tailgate. (Recipe adapted from the little epicurean.)
Guinness Brownies with Butterscotch Fudge
- 3 oz unsalted butter
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup 10 oz Guinness or any stout beer (I actually used Murphy’s Stout. Shhhhhhh!)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Find More Treats…
Find more tasty treat recipes on our Cookies and Treats Pinterest Board.
And don’t miss our recipe for Confetti Bars…