Confetti Bars are a fun treat for kids and so easy to make. This recipe for cake mix cookie bars uses yellow cake mix, sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
You can quickly mix these up after the kids go to bed and pop them into their lunch boxes for a sweet surprise at school.
I also love that I can whip up a pan of these cookie bars quickly after dinner for a special movie night treat.
See exactly how easy these confetti bars are to make in this short video below or watch it here on our YouTube channel…
This recipe for cake mix cookie bars is perfect for making with your kids. I find that quick recipes are the best for getting small kids exciting about cooking and baking. Since small children can lose interest quickly, using a cake box mix allows them to still do a little measuring and mixing, but speeds up the process.
They’ll especially love adding sprinkles and marshmallows to these bars.
A great idea is to help your kids make these before a playdate with friends. They’ll be so proud of themselves when they share these tasty confetti bars with their friends.
Easy to Make Confetti Bars Recipe
- 1 yellow cake mix one box
- 0.5 cups butter room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- nonstick spray
- Beat cake mix, butter, and egg together in a large bowl on medium speed until evenly blended.
- With clean hands, knead mixture until smooth and dough-like.
- Stir in sprinkles.
- Spray a small pan with nonstick, turn your batter out onto the pan, and smooth down with your hands to form a single sheet. We used a 9x9 non-stick cake pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, followed by more sprinkles.
- Bake at 350 for about 22 to 26 minutes (edges should turn golden brown)
- Remove from oven, cool, and cut.
- Optional: Spread your favorite icing on top and serve!
More Cake Box Cookies and Bar Recipes
If you’d like some more easy recipe ideas that start with a cake box try these…
Pin these Confetti Bars for Later
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom. We first published this post on February 20, 2017, and we wanted to share it with you again because it’s so tasty.
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at pinterest.com/5minutesformom