This post was submitted by Penny Raine.
I love fall, it is one of my favorite seasons and in the south we are bursting with color! I also love having some of that color inside my home. What I do not like however is spending lots of time and money on decorating. I am a very practical person. Sometimes too practical for my own good, which is why I love the creative talents of my daughters. They not only stop to smell the roses, they often bring them indoors. Below is a picture of some very spontaneous decorating one of my daughter’s did one afternoon. I walked in the door with a basket and she instantly added a couple items we had laying around.
- Fall leaves can be scattered here and there on a table, in a bowl or basket, or on a mantle.
- Branches with fall colors can be arranged in a vase much like you would cut flowers, let the leaves be the color focus instead of blooms.
- You can use acorns, nuts or other natural objects from outside placed in a bowl for a centerpiece or table decoration.
- Pinecones look great in a basket and sprinkled with some cinnamon make a nice smelling addition.
- Bring out the afghans and lap blankets and drape nicely over the back of a rocking chair or couch.
- Think color! Any decorating items in orange, golds, maroons, avocado green, anything in a fall color can be added.
- Baskets, wooden bowls, or crates also make nice “warm” feeling additions to any room.
Calling All Tacklers!
We’re looking for YOU – guest bloggers to post about your own tackles right here. If you are interested in showing off your tackles (we all need some tips and ideas!) then contact us . Thanks for your inspiring tackles!!
Mom Bloggers — what are you tackling this week?
Link up your Tackle it Tuesday post…
Tell us what you’re up to with all your other tackles… housework and otherwise… add your link to your tackle in the Linky below!
We are Tackling Our To-Do Lists Together and making housework bloggable — Each week on Tuesday, we are posting before and after pictures of a project or trouble area that we tackled this week.
The project can be little or big – whatever you want.
Basically, Tackle It Tuesday is about giving ourselves incentive, deadlines and satisfaction in tackling all our tasks — whether household or otherwise.
If you tackled a project this week, just add a comment and add your link below.