Jennifer, assistant at 5 Minutes for Mom, shares her thoughts about the cool Windows 8 Phones . She was provided with one to give away, but her opinions are her own.
What mother would not like a new phone for Mother’s Day? I know I would — that’s for sure! This Mother’s Day, we are teaming up with Windows to bring you a spectacular gift to present to your mom this year — a Windows 8 Phone!
Built with moms in mind, Windows Phone comes equipped with a few one-of-a-kind family-friendly features built-in, including:
Kid’s Corner: Only Windows Phone gives little ones their own space within Mom’s phone – and away from her stuff – so she can take a few worry-free minutes for herself while the kids are off playing.
- Accessible by a simple swipe to the left
- Filled with apps, games, music and videos you choose specifically for them
- Keeps your mission-critical areas password protected, so you don’t have to worrying about your kid’s stumbling upon inappropriate content on the internet or racking up a huge phone bill purchasing apps and games
- Purchasing, web browsing, and calls are disabled
Rooms: This feature lets Mom create a private space to stay in touch with her family. Rooms lets Mom share a family calendar, group chat, upload and share photos, videos and even grocery lists via OneNote built-in.
Camera: Equipped with an easy-to-use camera that lets you snap and share to your social networks in less than 5 seconds flat, the Nokia Lumia 920 camera offers PureView technology that takes in five times more light per picture than other smartphone cameras without the use of a flash. This camera helps Mom capture clear memories at a dark concert or at her kid’s ballet performance.
Must-have apps for every multitasking mom:
- AboutOne Organizer: Your one-stop family organizer that makes it easy to store notes, receipts, doctor’s contact info, and precious memories so it’s all available at your fingertips whenever you need it.
- Pandora: Take a break from the little ones and pop on your favorite station and listen to your favorite tunes, ad free and with free unlimited monthly streaming throughout 2013 – exclusively on Windows Phone.
- ShopSavvy: The busy mom is always a bargain hunter! Search for the best prices both online and in store with ShopSavvy. You can even pin your favorite products to your Start screen for real-time updates on the lowest prices.
- Baby Monitor: Save the cash set aside for a baby monitor by turning your Windows Phone into one! This app allows you to keep a watchful eye on your little one via audio and video so you can set your mind at ease when you’re in the other room.
- Fashion: Follow all your favorite fashion blogs in one place with Fashion app on Windows Phone. Stay on top of the latest fashion buzz and find your favorite looks straight off the runway.
- Allrecipes: Getting tired of those quick and easy kid friendly meals? Find something fun and unique to make the family for dinner. Search from hundreds of recipes and pin your favorite’s right on your Start Screen. It’s the easiest way to stay organized in the kitchen!
- Chase Mobile: Managing the finances can be difficult, but now with Chase Mobile you can keep track of your spending, pay bills, transfer money and deposit checks directly on your Windows Phone.
- Delta: Facing the ins and outs of travel, need a girls weekend or pre-planning your summer vacation with the family, Delta can help provide you with all the latest up-to-date flight information to keep you on track.
- MyFitnessPal: Lose weight with MyFitnessPal, the fastest and easiest calorie counter available on Windows Phone. With the largest food database of any calorie counter and amazingly fast food and exercise entry, you’ll be summer ready in no time!
Windows Phones are available in a variety of colors (red, yellow, blue, cyan, white and black) and styles on all major carriers starting at just $49 at Microsoft retail store near you or online at www.microsoftstore.com.
Enter to win
One lucky reader is going to get their choice of one of the Windows 8 Phones shown above on their cell carrier. Use the Rafflecopter form to enter this giveaway. New to Rafflecopter? Watch this 45-second video on how to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
So — which phone would you choose?