Roses are red.
These cookies are too.
And I made them
Special for you.
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
All the fun and flavors of a southern favorite rolled into a chocolate chip cookie.
- ¼ cup (half stick) unsalted butter, cold
- ¼ cup cream cream
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp red food coloring
- ¾ milk chocolate chips
- ¾ white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
- Using a standing electric mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese and sugars. Then add eggs one at a time and beat until well blended. Mix in vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour to wet ingredients a little at a time and mix on a low speed until well combined.
- Add red food coloring and mix until well blended for an even bright red color.
- Remove bowl from standing mixer and gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop about a tablespoon amount of dough onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for five minutes. Then, move cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Makes approximately three dozen.
What are you cooking this week? Add your recipe to the link list!