Roses are red.
These cookies are too.
And I made them
Special for you.
Valentine’s Day is coming soon and these Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat for celebrating friendship and love.
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¼ cup half stick unsalted butter, cold
- ¼ cup cream cream
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp red food coloring
- ¾ milk chocolate chips
- ¾ white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
- Using a standing electric mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese and sugars. Then add eggs one at a time and beat until well blended. Mix in vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour to wet ingredients a little at a time and mix on a low speed until well combined.
- Add red food coloring and mix until well blended for an even bright red color.
- Remove bowl from standing mixer and gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop about a tablespoon amount of dough onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for five minutes. Then, move cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Makes approximately three dozen.
Written by Denise, who blogs at Run DMT.
We originally published a version of this post here at 5 Minutes for Mom on Feb 14, 2013.