NEW Weekly Recipe Roundup Linky — Add one of your recent
recipe posts to the Linky List below.
And, when you sneak veggies into it, it’s an even sweeter victory.
This came about after I picked up the wrong product off the store fridge shelf. I wanted biscuits, a request from my husband. Instead, I picked up french bread dough. . . . only slightly different, right?
Yes, you read correctly. This “recipe” uses pre-made dough. Sure, if you have a kickin’ french bread recipe up your sleeve, you can use it. But, if you’re like me . . . busy . . . strapped for time . . . babies, toddlers and preschoolers hanging off your arms and legs . . . you need a few recipes here and there that come together in minutes, giving you some breathing room in your day.
The recipe for these Stuffed Bread Bites is just such a recipe. Fast, versatile, kid-friendly and perfect for school lunches or snacks. And, if you use a seasonal silicone muffin pan like I did, you can add “fun” to the finished product.
- 1 can of French Bread Dough
- Diced Sausage or Ham
- Diced Cheese of Choice (Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Cheddar or Mozzarella work best)
- Chopped Blanched Vegetables (optional) such as broccoli, carrots, peas
- Preheat oven according to dough instructions.
- Open the can of dough and divide the dough into 16 pieces.
- Take one piece of dough and flatten it with your hands, pressing it down into the bottom of a muffin tin or silicone muffin pan.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of filling (meat, cheese and veggies) to the center of the dough.
- Take a second piece of dough, flatten it with your hands and place it on top of the filling, pressing down around the edge to create a seal.
- Repeat for the remaining pieces of dough, creating 8 "bread bites."
- Bake for the time recommended in your dough instructions, or until bread is visibly golden brown (9-15 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Share your recipe!
If you posted a recipe this week, add your link below!
If you found this post helpful, we would love it if you gave it a Stumble, Tweet, Pin, or Facebook Like. Thanks so much! We really appreciate your support of 5 Minutes for Mom.