Do you have a few Christmas gifts left to buy or do you like to leave the bulk of your Christmas shopping to the last minute?
Either way, we’re here to help. If you haven’t seen it yet, check out our 4 Part Holiday Gift Guide, and for some more last minute Christmas gift ideas, keep reading…
If you want to push past the usual last minute gifts of wine, chocolates and coffee shop gift cards, browse through the list of gift ideas below. I love to suggest shopping locally, which is perfect for us last minute shoppers… but you still have some more time to shop online.
So many gift categories work for everyone at all ages…
- Experience Gifts
I love giving experience gifts that can be enjoyed together and will create lasting memories. Tickets to a play, concert, movie or annual passes to a museum, aquarium or attraction are wonderful ideas. A gift certificate to a spa is usually the number one gift for me and every other woman I know. We recently discovered BroadwayHD which is a premiere streaming platform where you can watch all sorts of musicals and other Broadway shows. You can make a nice homemade card and include a message about their new subscription gift.
Everyone at every age can enjoy a new book. So many of our friends have written fabulous books, so you can show them love at the same time as giving a fantastic gift. We love supporting authors!
You can get many of these books at the VERY last minute on Kindle.
Kids will love these books:
- The Ultimate Kids’ Baking Book by Tiffany Dahle
- The Big Book of Silly Jokes for Kids: 800+ Jokes! by Carole P. Roman
- When I Pray for You by Matthew Paul Turner
- The Drawing Book for Kids by Woo! Jr. Kids Activities
- Magical Unicorn Coloring Book by Color and Plan
- Positive Girl – The Power of Your Thoughts by Brandy Tanner
- Horses!: A Coloring and Activity Book for Kids by Valerie Deneen
And here are some fabulous books for women…
- Stretched Too Thin by Jessica Turner
- The Feminine Revolution by Amy Stanton and Catherine Connors
- Oh Baby! A Mom’s Self-Care Survival Guide for the First Year by Maria Lianos-Carbone
- Encourage My Day by Shannon Meredith
- 100 Things to Do in Canada Before You Die by Sheri McDonald
- A World of Cookies for Santa by M.E. Furman
- The Golden Rules of Social Media Marketing by Heather Heuman
- Rock Recipes Christmas by Barry C. Parsons
Try some indie fiction too:
- A Silver Willow by the Shore by Kelli Stuart
- A Man Called Smith: A gripping and emotional historical family saga by Tanya E Williams
- We Are Mars by Cheryl Lawson
- The Tether Saga by Katrina Roets
- Brood X: A Firsthand Account of the Great Cicada Invasion by Michael Phillip Cash
- Scarf and Gloves
It’s cold outside and who isn’t always losing a glove? You can never have too many pairs. Time is getting tight, but you might still be able to support an Etsy seller and buy a handmade scarf or mittens.
- Creative Gift Mug
Check out these thoughtful and budget-friendly gift ideas that all come in a mug. Yes, that’s right! You can tackle that list one cup of cheer at a time–or in this case one mug of cheer at a time–with these simple Mug Gift Ideas.
- Tech Gifts
Technology scores with almost everyone. But before you buy, ensure you know whether to shop in the Apple camp or if Windows will win. Also, try to find out which gadgets your recipient already has and what could use an upgrade. If you’re not broke yet from all your Christmas shopping, you can’t go wrong with a new Fitbit or AirPods. Or if your teens are like mine and they’re always losing or breaking their ear buds, you can give them a new set now and they’ll be prepared for the next time they lose theirs.
Kids are the easiest to please!
I try to put an educational spin on as many toy purchases as possible.
I think women are the next easiest category when shopping for gifts. Most women will welcome a new scarf or any other accessory.
If you’re looking for a small gift for a friend or an extra stocking stuffer, a pretty journal or notebook will work well.
You can also never go wrong with some luxurious beauty products.
If she has a tablet or iPad, perhaps a nice looking new iPad case. And every woman will love a new laptop bag or purse.
I find men to be the toughest to shop for. I tend to pick techy gifts or even resort to the age-old idea of cologne. You can find these last minute gift ideas at a local store or do rush online delivery.
Here are a few more ideas for last minute gifts for the men on your list:
- Fancy new coffee machine or an affordable stovetop espresso maker
- Leather belt
- Sophisticated watch
- Fun gift like a portable ping-pong set
- Noise cancelling headphones
For a Party Hostess
One of the most common reasons we’re grabbing a last minute gift is to attend a holiday party. Here are some ideas for what to bring instead of a box of chocolates…
- Herb plant
- Tea Set
- Fine tea or coffee
- Tasty treat like specialty macaroons
- Elegant tea towels
- Cocktail shaker and martini glasses
My TOP Gift Idea
I’ve been going on and on about what I think is my FAVORITE gift idea for anyone who sits at a desk all day or has a sore back.
You still have time to get the Chirp Wheel+ ULTIMATE BACK PAIN BUNDLE worth $225 for only $119.
But wherever you are with your holiday shopping, remember to enjoy the season. Christmas truly shouldn’t be a stressful time… even though in reality it often is.
From one last minute shopper to another, don’t worry… you’ve still got lots of time.
Pin it for Later
More Holiday Gift Ideas
For more great gift ideas check out our Holiday Gift Guide.