This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
From sessions to clothing, from parties to PR, bloggers have a lot of questions – and concerns – before attending a conference. We’ve been to a lot of conferences over the years and have shared some of our wisdom here:
- 5 Tips to Make Sure You have a Blast at Conferences!
- Is BlogHer the Right Conference for You?
- The Private Party Predicament at BlogHer
We’ve also seen a number of great posts from blogging friends offering useful insight and advice of their own, including:
- Keeping Your Sanity at Conferences – Splash Creative
- What I Love about BlogHer – Cecily Kellogg
- BlogHer Bootcamp: Top Ten BlogHer Conference Packing Tips – The Guavalicious Life
- BlogHer ’12: How To Prepare And What to Wear – TechMamas
- Bringing the Family to a Blog Conference – The B Keeps Us Honest
- 10 Tips for BlogHer – Clever Compass
- Introverts Guide to Blogging Conferences – Misadventures with Andi
And I’d like to add that the most important thing to remember about going to a conference is to RELAX. You’ve likely invested a lot of money in the trip and you’re taking time away from your family, so now it is time to ENJOY yourself.
Don’t worry about what you or anyone else is wearing. Don’t worry about which private parties or sponsored events might be going on. There are people everywhere and there are parties going on everywhere, so just get to know the person standing next to you.
The toughest part of a conference can be walking into a room where you don’t recognize anyone and everyone else seems to be best friends. We ALL feel like that sometimes. Don’t take it personally, instead just walk up to someone and introduce yourself.
Refuse to see, hear or participate in any “drama”. Personally, I am blind and deaf to it and never know it happens until I read about it later.
Janice and I will both be at BlogHer’12 and we hope to visit with you there. If you see us, please say “Hi”!
Now, we’d love to hear from you!
If you’ve written a post with advice or tips for attending a blog conference, we’d love to have you link up in the Linky list below! It’s so important that we connect and share what we’ve learned so that we all can get the most out of our conference experiences.
Leave a Comment