This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Let’s celebrate the official start of Fall with pumpkin. Starting September 22, it’s Pumpkin Potpourri Week at Stop and Smell the Chocolates! There will be pumpkin facts, yummy recipes, opportunities to link up, and giveaways! Come on by…
Hosted by Michelle of Bleeding Espresso, Sara of Ms Adventures in Italy, and Jenn of The Leftover Queen, the O Foods for Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month Contest seeks to raise awareness and money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund through recipes for “O Foods,” foods that start or end with “O” such as oatmeal, orange, okra, octopus, olive, onion, tomato and potato. Put on your “O” thinking caps and get cooking and baking for a great cause! Entries accepted until September 30th.
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
Anyone out there want to win an all-expenses paid trip to Africa? You could win an 11-day trip for 2 where you’ll visit Cape Town, South African Wine Country, tour a Private Game Reserve, Zambezi River Cruise, Victoria Falls, and an Elephant Camp Adventure! Every time you enter, you’ll also be put into a drawing to win 2 tickets from Fandango. For more information, stop by Comcast.net today.
American Eagle Outfitters would like to send you and your child to an exclusive Jonas Brothers Concert in Los Angeles on November 14th. The winner will also receive airfare, hotel accommodations, the opportunity to walk the “red carpet” with other invited celebrities, AND be able to hang backstage with The Jonas Brothers after the show. Tickets are NOT on sale for this event – the ONLY way to get a chance at a ticket is to enter the free online sweepstakes at http://www.77kids.com.
- Heart Reflections – Blog Design by Doodlebug Designs (Sept 22nd/Any)
- The Miss Elaine-ous Life – $50 to Tiny Prints (Sept 25th)
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE – $50 G/C from tiny*prints (Sept 30th)
- The Secret is in the Sauce – Cricut Expressions (Oct 1st)
Just for Women
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – 3 pairs of maternity jeans. 3 nursing tops. 2 winners! (Sept 22nd/US, Can)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – Promom Couture – Tee of Choice (Sept 24th/Any)
- Chefdruck Reviews – My Life is so Like TV T-Shirt from SOAPnet.com (Sept 26th)
- Hearts at Home – “My Heart is at Home” Bracelet (Sept 30th)
Just for Kids
- Sassy Frazz – Wow Wow Wubzzy DVD (Sept 22nd/Cont US)
- Muse Reviews – Sand Play Set from Green Toys (Sept 23rd/US)
- Simple – Winners choice of one Padoodles Groovy Hat (Sept 24th)
- Thoughts from the Mrs. – See Kai Run Shoes (Sept 24th)
- An Ordinary Life – Boogie Wipes Gift Set (Sept 25th)
- An Island Life – Avatar Book 3 Collection (Sept 26th/Any)
- Traveling With Baby – Where the Wild Things Are DVD (Sept 26th)
- An Island Review – Bob the Builder Can-Do Zoo Computer Software (Sept 27th/Any)
- Sassy Frazz – A pair of shoes from See Kai Run (Sept 29th/Cont US)
- Chefdruck Musings – Tortoise and the Hare DVD (Sept 29th)
- Sassy Frazz – Your choice of book from Candlewick Press (Sept 29th/Cont US)
- Sassy Frazz – Always from Candlewick Press (Sept 29th/Cont US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A Frog Pod from Boon (Oct 1st/US)
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE – Onesie from Too Hot Tot Bling (Sept 21st)
- Goodies for Mom – Cry Babyz Diaper Pockets (Sept 22nd/US)
- Traveling with Baby – Grobag Egg Digital Room Thermometer (Sept 26th)
Home & Garden
- An Island Review – Bethesda Sunscreen Soap (Sept 22nd/Any)
- Livin’ With Me – Dole Fruit Bowls (Sept 22nd)
- Did You See That? – Cakes by Me (Sept 22nd)
- An Island Review – Candles by Victoria (Sept 23rd/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A Case of Nui Kids Water (Sept 23rd/US)
- Happy To Be At Home – Peerless Peeler from Taste of Home Entertaining (Sept 23rd)
- An Island Review – 3-month membership to ListPlanIt (Sept 26th/Any)
- My Wooden Spoon – A free coupon, a wine bottle topper, wine glass charms, a bottle opener, a wine and food guide, stampable wine tags and an appetizer plate from Savoring the Moment (Sept 26th)
- An Ordinary Life – Keurig Platinum Brewer (Oct 2nd)
Books, Movies, & Music for Grown-Ups
- A Mixed Bouquet – Ayiesha Woods CD (Sept 23rd)
- An Island Life – Generation Text: Raising Kids in an Age of Instant Everything by Dr. Michael Osit (Sept 27th/Any)
- Mommy’s Idea – Book from “1-2-3 Get Organized” Series (Sept 27th/US, Can)
- An Ordinary Life – The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration Giftset (Sept 30th)
Nyan and Lehka Pendyla, ages 9 and 7, launched a “Kids for Sight” initiative one year ago to help ORBIS establish a specialized pediatric eye care unit and training center in India. “Kids for Sight” has made it into the Top 25 of the American Express Members Project and now needs your help. If enough AMEX cardholders vote for the “Kids for Sight” project by September 29, it will advance into the Top 5 and be eligible to win $1.5 million in funding. Nyan and Lehka have made it their goal to raise funds so that children in India can have access to quality eye care. ORBIS seeks to create 50 pediatric eye care centers in India by 2012. For more information on “Kids for Sight” visit www.orbis.org/KidsForSight.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
Kailani can be found at An Island Life, An Island Review, Family Review Network & Island Baby Boutique.
Leave a Comment