Well, it was a tough decision but the final 3 photo entries for the 5 Minutes for Special Needs contest have been selected. Now it’s up to you to vote for your favorite one! Hurry! You have until Monday, Sept 8th.
Mommy Mandy is celebrating her birthday and you’re all invited to her huge birthday bash. You have until Sept 12th to enter to win some cool prizes like an Elliot Lucca bag, mommy Jewelry, books, clothing and much more!
Baby Tea Leaves is hosting the Hot for the Holidays event beginning tomorrow, Sept 8th. She’s looking for participants interested in uniting together to shed 500 pounds collectively. Stop by for more information.
Announcing a blogging event inspired by the book Writing Motherhood by Lisa Garrigues. Many mom bloggers will be participating in this fun event by writing and publishing a post on their blog on September 23rd following the writing prompt in the invitation post: http://afroginmysoup.com/2008/09/an-invitation/. Also offering a copy of the book to anyone who comments to let us know they plan on participating. Lisa will be visiting all bloggers who participate that day.
There’s a new blog out there dedicated to highlighting the best posts in the blogosphere – Best Posts of the Week. Check it out!
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
Sara Lee is going to make one lucky High School Musical 3 (HSM3) fan’s dreams come true through a video contest designed to help educate moms and kids on whole grain nutrition. Sara Lee is asking kids to use their talents to show how lunchtime is showtime in a 90 second video for a chance to have two of the stars of HSM3, Corbin Bleu and Justin Martin, visit their school. You can find the Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Lunchtime is Showtime entry form at www.thejoyofeating.com.
- Entering Momville – $25 gift certificate to East Fourth Street (Sept 8th)
- SAHM Reviews – $15 to Unique Skins (Sept 10th)
- Family Review Network – Tickets to The Women (Sept 10th)
- Family Review Network – $15 to Unique Skins (Sept 11th/US)
- An Island Review – $15 to Unique Skins (Sept 11th/US)
Just for Mom
- MomDot – Elliott Lucca Tropez Demi Clutch Purse (Sept 7th)
- I Am Mommy – Beauty Products from Robathal (Sept 7th)
- Red Sox Mommy – Women’s Stellarocco t-shirt (Sept 12th/US)
- Everything Moms – Body Butter from Mrs. Sterlings (Sept 12th)
Just for Kids
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE – $25 G/C to Build-A-Bear (Sept 7th)
- An Island Review – Cabbage Patch Kid Doll (Sept 8th/US, Can)
- An Island Review – Kids Gardening Kit from the Museum of Natural History (Sept 9th/US, Can)
- Now Entering Momville – $15 gift certificate to Immature Couture (Sept 9th)
- PsychMamma – “The Boy Who Grew Flowers” (Sept 9th)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – play puzzles from ImagiPlay (Sept 10th/US)
- Mommy’s Idea – On-Task On-Time for Kids- Time Management System (Sept 10th)
- An Island Review – My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Hundred Acre Wood Haunt (Sept 12th/Any)
- An Island Life – ChatterChix Trading Cards (Sept 12th/Any)
- Just a mom’s take on things… – Yoplait Kids prize pack (includes travel cooler, My First Brainquest game, and coupon for free 6-pack of Yoplait Kids yogurt) (Sept 12th/US)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – 10 disposable table toppers from neat solutions (Sept 12th/Any)
- Muses of Megret – 4 Little Leaders DVDs for children (Sept 12th)
- My Trendy Tykes – Lunchbox Cards from KidsFunCards (Sept 12th)
- My Trendy Tykes – Hair Clip & Bow Holder from Maiden America (Sept 14th)
- Did You See That? – I Spy Private Eye from Briarpatch (Sept 14th)
- Sassy Frazz – Lady Bug Back Pack from Oompa Toys (Sept 15th/Cont US)
- Chefdruck Musings – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD, Storybook Surprises (Sept 15th)
- Did You See That? – ChatterChix Trading Cards (Sept 15th)
- Froggy Reviews – Personalized Birthday Cd from Kid’s Personalized Music (Sept 16th)
- Mommy Mandy – A Pair of Shoes from Shoo Shoos, Robeez, Pedipeds, or Bobux (Sept 25th)
- Momma In Flip Flops2 – $15 GC to Tobie’s Trousers Cloth Diapers (Sept 9th/US, Can)
- Oh My Baby – No Slip Charlie Bathing Gloves (Sept 19th)
- MomDot – Micralite Toro Stroller – (Sept 30th)
Home & Garden
- Sassy Frazz – List Caddy (Sept 15th/Cont US, Can)
- A Bookworm(Mom)’s Diary – A fragrant candle, the Espresso Brownie, by the renowned Candles by Victoria (Sept 17th/US)
- Your Goodies Galore – 10 Personalized Snowman Cards (Sept 19th)
Books for GrownUps
- An Island Review – Sweet Life by Mia King (Sept 10th/US)
- An Island Review – Sleep Is for the Weak (Sept 11th/Any)
- Sweet ‘n’ Sassy Girls – 3 Steps to Planning Your Child’s Parties from 1-2-3 Get Organized (Sept 12th/US)
- Cool Zebras – Notes to Self by Samara O’Shea (Sept 13th)
Pepto-Bismol has launched a new advertising campaign featuring the “Pepto guy.” You may remember the “Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea” song ads – now, Pepto-Bismol has created another funny bunch of commercials to add to its roster. You may have seen some of them already, however, You Tube is showing the extended ad that you won’t see on television. Check it out!
Loblaw has recently launched a new program called Grown Close to Home in which they have partnered up with farms across Canada to bring locally grown produce to its stores. “Canadian grown is really important. From ground to grocer, Loblaw is showing their commitment to the Canadian produce industry,” says Harvey Demelo, grower and supplier to Loblaw from the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia. “Be Canadian, eat Canadian, support your Canadian grower.”
- Free sample of the new Always Infinity
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.