Turkey Chili is the perfect recipe to make with your leftover turkey. The beauty of this recipe is that it’s incredibly easy, which we all need after Thanksgiving!
This recipe will serve two hungry people generously or a family of four with sides. To stretch it, add more beans, veggies, or serve it with cooked macaroni.
We took some help from the store and used a frozen onion and bell pepper blend, which eliminates the need to chop anything but the turkey and green onions.
Using salsa in place of tomatoes gives another layer of flavor.
How To Make Turkey Chili
You can find the ingredient list and instructions in the recipe card below.
You’ll love how simple this recipe is to make!
Toss everything in a pot…
Cook for 15 minutes and serve…
This recipe is very versatile. Use any beans you want, more or less turkey meat, spice it up with your favorite hot sauce, or load it up with veggies!
Today we used white meat, but a combination of white and dark meat is delicious too! You can shred or chop it however you like.
Turkey Chili Made with Leftover Turkey
Hearty and healthy chili recipe for 2 large servings or 4 small servings.
- 3 cups leftover turkey (diced)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup salsa (we used fire-roasted)
- 2 cups water (or broth)
- One 15-ounce can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- One 16-ounce bag frozen onions & peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- For serving: shredded cheese (sour cream, sliced green onions, crushed red pepper)
- Add everything to a large pot.
- Bring it to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings!
Accompanying Bread and Dessert Recipes
We love to serve this Irish Soda Bread alongside our turkey chili.