Jenny, 5 Minutes for Mom contributor, is here to share her insights into Tocomail through this review and giveaway. While we were compensated to write this post, our writers views and opinions remain her own.
We live in a technological world. Social media is all around us and e-mail is a common method of communication. Our children are growing up with these means of communication as the norm. However, the online world is also very uncensored and full of potential danger. As a teacher for an online school, I know the importance of balancing technology and safety for kids.
Not only does Tocomail ensure safety online for your children, this simple app provides total parental control while simultaneously offering ing a real and fun email experience for children.
There are many interactive features such as a drawing board, custom avatar creation, picture timeline and colorful designs that will appeal to your kids.
Designed by parents, some of the safety features include:
- Safe contact list supervised by parent – parents determine who can send emails to your child
Premium features – available at $2.99/month or 29.99/year
- Supervised general list of contacts
- Emails from people not on Safe list will be held in Quarantine box until parent approves or rejects them
- Receive copies of the quarantined kids emails to parent email account
- Parent can approve or reject emails right from the notification emails
- Profanity filter will detect and quarantine the email with bad language.
- Bullying filter.
What a perfect way to safely and simply introduce your child to the world of online communication, while still allowing them to be in contact with friends and family! With all the talk about bullying and cyber-bullying in the media lately, it is nice to know that Tocomail has even added a bullying filter to the safety features of their app!
Some of the many features of Tocomail include:
– Personalized kids email address
– Unique drawing board with postcards, stamps, pen, brushes and other instruments to draw email attachments
– PUSH notifications sent to iPhone/iPad when email is received by child
– Customizable contact list and fun profile pics
– 2 levels of UI with simplified mode for younger kids and standard mode for older children.
The Tocomail app is available on Google Play and iTunes.
Enter to Win
10 lucky readers are going to get their chance to win a one year subscription to Tocomail. Use the Giveaway Tools form to enter this giveaway.