Back in March, I published a wildly popular post called “How to Be a Mom in 2012.” And by wildly popular I mean that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it over & over & over again. I’ve noticed over the last 4 years of being a mother & “mommy” blogger that there are many trends we tend to grab onto, and no matter what a mother’s personal belief on parenting is, you will eventually run into a woman who does some or all of these things or has considered a lot of them (hello I’m talking to myself over here with my cabinet full of empty cans & my research on placenta encapsulation).
And now I present to the awesome readers of 5 Minutes for Mom: How to Be a Mom in 2012-Part Two.
1. Style future date-night & Girls Night Out outfits on Polyvore…but never wear them.
2. Make a craft using leftover trash.
3. Modge Podge something. Anything. Like a leftover wipes container.
4. Stage photos of your baby daughter with giant flower headbands.
5. Take pictures of your newborn hanging in a basket.
6. Adorn your nursery with DIY letters (see no. 3) and hoops with fabric.
7. Start referring to 5 O’clock as “Wine O’clock.”
8. Slow cook…anything.
9. Cloth diaper.
10. Get a DSLR camera & promptly start a photography blog or TUMBLR page.
11. Be a Mom blogger (see no. 10).
12. Reserve your child’s domain name.
13. Turn your blah minivan into a cool place to be by playing the latest Flo Rida & think that keeps you in touch with your “youth.”
15. Embrace the bento box lunch.
16. Have at least one handmade ruffled item in your home.
17. Read 50 Shades of Grey
Do you have any more tell-tale signs that you are most certainly a mom in 2012?
When Alex is not looking for ways to bestow the best parenting award upon herself she can be found blogging at Before The Baby Wakes & nagging her husband, while turning an occasional watchful eye to her 3 1/2 year old son. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.