Do you know a student or family desperately in need of a new laptop and printer? Thanks to 5 Minutes for Mom and HP, somebody’s wishes are about to come true. Stop by here for more details.
We all know how hard motherhood can sometimes be, yet we go on day after day doing the best we can. Well, there’s a national talk show that’s interested in hearing from you. So, if you or someone you know has a story to tell, stop by here for more information
Mommies United is hosting a Back to School Giveaway event. Stop by for tons of great prizes!
11th Heaven’s Homemade Haven is hosting a weekly carnival called Homemakers Monday. Submit a post about anything having to do with cooking and you could win a beautiful Mexican necklace.
Have you entered ALL the Launch Party Giveaways at Shake The Salt? (42 prizes up for grabs – ends Monday 8/25)
The Great Minivan Trade-Up is going on right now! Stop by and see what’s up for grabs and what you can donate to up the ante!
There’s a new boutique in town called It’s a Girl Thing. They specialize in adorable hair accessories for girls. Go check it out!
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
Have you ever received a gift where the paper edges don’t meet, or maybe the present appears as though it’s been pulled out of an attic? Or are you personally guilty of thinking a cute gift bag with coordinating tissue paper is creative? Gift-giving expert, founder of HPA Enterprises and the inventor of Bowdabra Sandy Sandler has launched a contest in search of the worst gift wrapper in America. The 10 selected finalists will receive a personal gift wrapping “how to” session with Sandy and will have the opportunity to be named “The Worst Gift Wrapper” and win a trip for two to Las Vegas, Nevada. You have until Oct 31st to sign up.
The Mermaid Jingle Jam, an online and interactive contest, is giving you and your readers the opportunity to get creative and come up with a 30- to 90- second jingle that incorporates Chicken of the Sea’s original lyrics, key messages about seafood and the contestant’s new verse into a fun music video! Your jingle should include four key themes focusing on health, convenience, quality of life and dietary requirements. One lucky grand-prize winner will receive a celebrity-style trip to Universal Studios Hollywood. In addition, Chicken of the Sea will donate $100,000 of Chicken of the Sea seafood to the winner’s local America’s Second Harvest food bank.
We all love to snap photos of our kids doing the cutest things – eating messy foods in their high chairs, playing with the dog, or splashing in the pool. But when is the last (or first) time you’ve taken pictures of
your child’s feet? Yes, feet! Those ten little toes can sometimes be the cutest things ever, and maybe, could win you $500! For more info, stop by Arch Angels before November 15th.
The KaBOOM! Playspace Finder is an amazing online tool that allows people to enter, search, and rate playspaces in their communities. It is a free, searchable directory located at kaboom.org that helps parents, community members and kids to locate playgrounds, skate parks, sports fields, and even ice rinks across America. KaBOOM! relies on entries from folks like you to make this the most comprehensive directory possible! Enter a photo in the KaBOOM Playspace Finder and you could win a digital camera!
- An Island Review – $15 to Big Paw Designs (Aug 24th/Any)
- 5 Minutes for Mom – Sony Digital Photo Frame (Sept 1st/US)
- Froggy Reviews – A 30 second and a 60 second commercial to be featured on Work At Home Family Talk Radio (Sept 4th)
- An Ordinary Life – $50 to Posh Doggie Necklace (Sept 10th)
Just for Women
- An Island Review – Ladies Tee from Zeebabee (Aug 25th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A Pair of Flexflops (Aug 25th/US)
- SAHM Reviews – Idina Menzel I Stand Album and Idina Menzel tote (Aug 28th)
- Jackie’s Thoughts – SpitKit from MomSpit (Aug 30th)
- Now Entering Momville – $25 gift certificate to Om Shanti Handcrafts (Aug 30th/US)
- Adventures in Parenting – Ladies Tee from LTDChix (Sept 7th/US)
Just for Kids
- An Island Life – Let’s Get Ready for Kindergarten & Let’s Get Ready for First Grade from Cedar Valley Publishing (Aug 24th/Any)
- Momma in Flip Flops2 – Hair Accessories from Oopsie Dazie (Aug 24th/US,Can,Mexico)
- An Island Life – Sunflower Backpack from Oompa Toys (Aug 25th/US)
- Did You See That? – Pencil Case from Oompa Toys (Aug 25th)
- Sassy Frazz – Any item from the Professor Pocket (Aug 25th/Cont US)
- An Island Life – School Supplies from EZ School Supplies (Aug 26th/US,Can)
- Momma in Flip Flops2 – Flo from Boon (Aug 26th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A Circle of Friends All Star Collection Lunch Bag Gift Set (Aug 26th)
- An Island Life – Back-to-School Pack from Stuck on You (Aug 27th/US)
- Did You See That? – Briarpatch Beddy-Bye-Baby game (Aug 27th)
- An Island Review – Laurie Berkner: Rocketship Run CD (Aug 28th/US)
- An Island Life – Classic Cotton Backpack from Warm Biscuit (Aug 28th/US)
- Ohana Mama – OnTray Shopping Cart Container (Aug 28th/US)
- An Island Life – Bilingual Spanish for Kids CD Set (Aug 29th/US)
- Froggy Reviews – Laurie Berkner/Soundcheck gift pack (Aug 29th)
- Livin’ With Me – Beddy-Bye-Baby Game (Aug 29th/US)
- Chefdruck Musings – Handy Manny DVD (Sept 1st/US,Can)
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE – Baby Girl Gift Set: Blanket, Bear, and Pink Playtex Bottle (Aug 24th/US)
- Baby Tea Leaves – Luvs Diapers (Aug 25th)
- An Island Review – A pair of Pedipeds from A Lady and Her Baby (Aug 26th/US,Can)
- Now Entering Momville – Jack and Lily baby shoes (Aug 26th/US,Can)
- Jackie’s Thoughts – $50 to The Tuffet (Aug 29th)
- Stir-Crazy! – $50 to The Tuffet (Sept 3rd)
- Stir-Crazy! – A Pair of Socks from Nix All-Star Socks (Sept 3rd)
Home & Garden
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – Your Choice of a Pasta Sampler or 12 pack of Mac & Cheese (Aug 24th/US)
- An Island Review – Jewelry Cleaner & e-Tronics Wipes from Weiman (Aug 27th/US)
- An Island Review – Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel (Aug 28th/Any)
- Red Sox Mommy – A Jar of P.B. Loco flavored gourmet peanut butter – choice of flavors (Sept 1st/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – A Case of Primo Bottled Water (Sept 3rd/US)
Books & Movies for GrownUps
- Unexpected Bliss – Life is a Verb by Patti Digh (Aug 25th/US)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – Internet Riches by Scott Fox (Aug 29th/US)
- Oh My Baby – Oh, Baby! 7 Ways a Baby Will Change Your Life the First Year (Sept 5th)
Though flu season may still be some time away, FluVote is taking advantage of our country’s current political fever to launch the election-themed campaign “Flu Vaccination: Choose Your Administration.” An effort to increase flu knowledge and empower Americans to take action for their health and the health of their families, the campaign aims to encourage Americans to talk to their healthcare provider and make informed decisions about flu prevention. In its just released parent-child survey, MedImmune has uncovered a knowledge gap about flu prevention. To get more details about this survey as well as a quick poll to test your knowledge with national survey results, stop by FluVote today.
- Mommy Motivation – Dear Sunday School Teacher
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.