This potato salad comes together in about 10 minutes thanks to using leftover baked potatoes! The bacon gives it a savory, smoky flavor, the peas add a nice pop of sweetness, and the mayo-free dressing is fresh and bright! It’s delicious served as a light meal or alongside grilled meat or seafood.
If you don’t have leftover potatoes, you can cook them quickly in the microwave. Poke a few holes all around the potato, and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until tender all the way through. If you cook your potatoes just before making the salad, you’ll want to let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes after you cut them.
This potato salad is best served at room temperature but if you prefer it chilled, just pop it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes prior to serving.
The bacon and the Dijon added plenty of salt for us, so we don’t recommend adding any until the salad is done and you’ve tasted it.
Some yummy additions to this would be hard boiled eggs, finely diced red onion, or even a few some blue cheese, crumbles.
- 1 large baked potato
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- To make the dressing, add the apple cider vinegar, garlic, pepper, and Dijon to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil, whisking constantly to emulsify.
- Add the bacon, peas, and half the chives. Stir to combine.
- Cut the potato into bite-size pieces, and add them to the bowl.
- Gently toss the potatoes in the dressing until thoroughly coated.
- Taste the salad and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve with the remaining chives sprinkled on top.
Pin for Later
Pinning and sharing is so appreciated!