One of my favorite comfort foods is a cinnamon roll hot out of the oven. It brings me right back to my childhood. For a tasty twist, try this salted caramel cinnamon rolls recipe.
These cinnamon rolls are such a lovely treat to serve warm for your kids when they come home from school. On a cold day, there’s nothing like a homemade treat and a tall glass of milk.
You and your kids will love these delicious salted caramel cinnamon rolls and they’re super easy to make.
I love the combination of salty and sweet… it’s irresistible.
Salted Caramel Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- ½ Cup warm milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Envelope instant dry yeast
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- ¼ Cup butter
- 1 Tsp salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine the milk and the vegetable oil. Add the yeast, sugar, eggs and salt. Add the flour and beat for 5 minutes on medium speed. Remove dough from the ball and form a small ball, place it into a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let it rest for 18 minutes.
- Take the dough to a floured surface and with the help of a rolling pin roll it until you have a large rectangle. Spread the salted caramel evenly over the entire surface. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll tightly the dough and with the help of a knife slice into 7 pieces.
- Place each roll in a baking pan and cover again with a damp towel. Let it rise for 40 minutes. Uncover the baking pan and take to a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Bake for 16 minutes or until golden.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the sugar stirring constantly until melted. Add the butter slowly and carefully and whisk for 3 minutes or until incorporated.
- Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream and let it boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add the salt and whisk to incorporate. Let it cool down before using it.
Pin it for Later