This is a perfect side dish for fall. You can change the vegetables according to what is available at your store. Butternut squash, acorn squash, and Brussels sprouts would all be good too.
Another nice thing about this dish is that it’s easy to prepare, and you can get the rest of your meal going while it cooks.
As the garlic cooks, the flavor will become mellow and the cloves get soft and spreadable. They’re delicious spread on toasted baguette slices.
To easily remove the skin from the garlic, use the back of your hand to press down on the clove enough to pop the skin without smashing it.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 3 large rainbow carrots
- 1 head of garlic (appx. 10 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Wash and dry the potatoes, peel, and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Peel the carrots, and slice them into half-inch diagonal slices.
- Remove the skin from all of the garlic cloves. To easily remove the skin from the garlic, use the back of your hand to press down on the clove enough to pop the skin without smashing it.
- Add all of the vegetables to a large baking sheet, drizzle the olive oil over the top, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle on all of the seasonings, and stir well to evenly coat.
- Place the pan in the oven on the middle rack and roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with Italian parsley, if desired.
Pin for Later
Pinning and sharing is SO appreciated!