This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
According to the International Reading Association, about 40 percent of high school students lack the literacy skills sought by employers.
McGraw-Hill is excited to announce the “Spread the Word” social media campaign for March into Literacy Month. Help McGraw-Hill to continue to impact student literacy by following the McGraw-Hill Education Twitter Account (@MHEducation) in March. For every new Twitter follower McGraw-Hill gains during the month of March, they will donate $1.00 to the National Center for Families Learning Follow #MHEmarchlit throughout the month for facts, research, and other important information about literacy in the age of the Common Core.
In addition, McGraw-Hill’s highly rated Grammar Wonderland apps will be free for the month of March (a $2.99 value!)
What can families do to help promote literacy?
- Spend time as a family reading books aloud. Begin early!
- Encourage your children to read every day.
- Let your children see you reading.
- Visit your local library and get involved.
- Start a book club.
- Use audio books on their mp3 players and in the car.
- Organize your books to help promote interest in reading.
Help McGraw-Hill Spread the Word about March into Literacy Month!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MHEducation hashtag #MHEmarchlit
Leave a Comment