Just over a month ago, our family was blessed to welcome in our third child. Adjusting to becoming a family of 5 has been so wonderful and now that we’re finally getting into a bit of a routine around here, I’m determined to start loosing this baby weight. Thankfully, my husband is on the same page with me and we’re in this together. In a few months, we’ll be celebrating our anniversary. By that date, we hope to have reached our weight loss goals.
Healthy eating can certainly become terribly boring, especially if you don’t intentionally try to make delicious recipes that don’t taste like “diet” food. This salad has become a new favorite of ours. It’s packed with tons of nutrients and the flavor profiles make it taste like a bistro-style salad. With the taco meat, black beans, corn, avocados and of course, the Cilantro-Lime Dressing, this salad is fabulous and totally satisfying.
Southwestern Taco Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Southwestern Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Author: Angela Strand
- Large head of romaine, chopped
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 15 oz can corn, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 pound hamburger, cooked with Taco Seasoning and drained
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about ½ lime)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ tsp. white vinegar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend to combine. Next, place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.Toss with dressing.
So — what is a good salad that you have had this month?