As you know, you can come back all week and add a post or giveaway to our Mister Linky. Be sure to check back often, as new links will be added daily. You don’t want to miss out on something fun.
- Show your favorite teachers that you appreciate them! The application process for the 2010 Mickelson ExxonMobil Teachers Academy is now open, just in time for Teacher Appreciation Week! Parents and students can send teachers an e-card in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week and encourage them to apply to the 2010 Mickelson ExxonMobil Teachers Academy. The Academy is held each summer and focuses on math and science education for elementary school teachers. Teachers can apply on their own by visiting www.SendMyTeacher.com Applications are being accepted until October 31, 2009 for the 2010 Academies.
- In an effort to protect you and your loved ones against germs, Wet Ones® Antibacterial Wipes is offering a $1.00 off printable coupon on their website. Wet Ones is also donating 500,000 packages to local communities to help keep families healthy and prevent the spread of germs. In addition, you can visit the website to view helpful tips on keeping your families healthy.
- Make your voice heard in the Simply Clean Communities Challenge. During the summer months, community centres become an important social hub, and as a source of constant activity, demand a thorough cleaning before each season. Out of hundreds of private, non-profit community centres, five centres from southeastern Ontario and four centres from Quebec have been selected to compete for a chance to win a refreshing clean makeover.
One centre from each region will win a top-to-bottom clean-up session from a team of professional cleaners and a three-month supply of products from Mr. Clean, Swiffer, Dawn, Cascade and Febreze.
Sponsored by Proctor and Gamble, the Simply Clean Communities Challenge runs until May 31st, calling on residents to vote for their community centre of choice to receive a spring clean-up from top to bottom.
You can learn about participating community centres and cast your vote at www.simplycleancommunities.ca In addition to the grand prize, P&G will also be donating a basket of cleaning products valued at approximately $100 to all other community centres participating in the Simply Clean Communities Challenge.
- For all those looking to get bikini-body ready by Memorial Day, you can sign up for the first ever David Kirsch Ultimate Summer Slimdown program, available for FREE on www.davidkirschwellness.com For three weeks, starting May 1st, David will show how to combine nutrition, exercise, & supplements to get ultimate results and confidence … just in time for Memorial Day weekend.
David Kirsch’s Ultimate Summer Slimdown program offers daily exercises, recipes, nutrition tips and motivation. In just three short weeks this recession-proof plan offers David’s expert health and fitness advice and knowledge free of cost. David provides all of the tools you need so that you can do the program at home, on your own, and without the cost of a trainer or gym. Click here to register.
- Have you heard of www.Mrs.P.com? It’s a free entertainment site for kids celebrating reading and starring T.V. actress Kathy Kinney as Mrs. P. The site is free and has no ads. Mrs. P recently won the National Parenting Center‘s Seal of Approval for 2009, as well as well as the American Library Associations recognition of MrsP.com as a Great Web Site for Kids.
Mrs. P also has a FREE new music video available on iTunes in the kids TV store. It’s called “Listen Up, Kids”!
- Ford’s Warriors in Pink refreshes its 15-year commitment to the breast cancer cause this spring by offering even more ways to give back and further enforce that breast cancer affects us all 365-days a year. Here are some quick and easy ways to recognize the Warrior in your life:
Attend your local Race for the Cure
With 121 Races nationwide, it seems that no matter where you are, there’s a Race for the Cure nearby. Don’t miss the all-new “Warrior TV,” where racers record a 15-second video message for the Warrior in their life who they are racing for, then download the clip to share after the race. There’s no better time than now to not only stand up for the cause – but run for it!
Take a test drive at your local Ford dealership and let Ford make a donation for you!
From now until June 1, 2009, when you take a test drive at a Ford dealership, Ford will donate $20 on your behalf to your local Komen affiliate to support breast cancer research and awareness. Pick up your voucher at your local Race, or online at www.fordcares.com
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
- In celebration of Mother’s Day and the month of May, Bona would like to see your child’s/children’s feet accessorizing your home’s beautiful hardwood floors. All submissions will receive a coupon for 15% off their next purchase at www.MyBonaHome.com, just for participating. The Grand Prize winner will receive a sand and finish with Bona’s Dust Containment System and waterborne finishes, GREENGUARD certified for indoor air quality, for up to 500 square feet (a $1,600 value) as well as the Mother’s Day Product Package (a $106.94 value). The five First Place winners will receive the Mother’s Day Product Package, including all of your favorite GREENGUARD certified Bona products (a $106.94 value).
Using a digital camera, snap your family friendly photo that includes hardwood floors and your child’s/children’s feet. Email one photo before Monday, June 1, 2009 to MyBonaHome@gmail.com Use “Mother’s Day Photo Contest” as the subject line. In the body of the email you must include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and where you heard about the contest. All entries must be valid or you will be disqualified. Bona judges will choose their favorite photo based on quality of image, amount of hardwood floor photographed and creativity. Winners will be notified via email by June 8, 2009.
For official rules and additional information on the prizes, please email MyBonaHome@gmail.com
- Win an all expenses paid trip to BlogHer ‘ 09, and capture it with a new JVC Everio camcorder. Enter the JVC Everio “Send Me To BlogHer ’09” Sweepstakes for your chance to win. There will be four winners, and the sweepstakes is open to all mom and parenting bloggers. With a variety of model and color choices, the JVC Everio line of camcorders is perfect for capturing and sharing family memories in stylish and simple fashion. To register, tell them which Everio camcorder best fits your family’s lifestyle and why. The contest runs through May 29th and winners will be announced on June 2nd.
- Celebrate the national launch of McDonald’s new McCafé coffee line by entering to win a $50,000 Visa® Gift card and other prizes through an online contest and sweepstakes.
Just submit a story and photo about why you or someone you know deserves a chance to be one of two grand prize winners, each taking home a $50,000 Visa Gift card and $500 McDonald’s Arch Card. The contest ends on June 21, and you don’t have to buy anything to enter or win. For complete official rules and to learn more, visit www.mcdonalds.com/mccafe
- Enter the Retro to Now Sweepstakes sponsored by Best Western and AAA for your chance to win a free summer vacation for your family!
The “Retro to Now” road trip sweepstakes will turn back time this summer, giving one family the chance to find out how road trips have changed during the last 60 years. The trip starts in “retro” style with an old-school vehicle, paper maps, car games and other road trip supplies from the past. Mid-way through, the trip fast-forwards to “now” with a modern vehicle, GPS device, DVD players and all the conveniences of modern day.
The winning family will receive a road trip for four hitting some of North America’s most popular landmarks. Trip includes airfare, transportation, accommodations and more. For official rules visit the website here.
- Treat Mom to something sweet with the IHOP “I Love Mom” online essay contest. Between now and May 15, guests can submit a story of 250 words or less at IHOP about why they love their mom and think she deserves a special meal at IHOP. Five winners will each receive a $100 IHOP gift card. Entries will be judged on three factors: entertainment, originality and emotional impact. Winners will be notified by phone, postal mail and/or email on or about May 22, 2009.
- Goodies for Mom $30 gift card to 1800Flowers.com (5/11 US Only)
- Sandier Pastures Rolling Luggage from Luggage.com (5/12 US & Canada)
- Metropolitan Mama $100 gift card to Home Depot (5/12 US Only)
- A Frog In My Soup Muvee Reveal Software (5/14 Worldwide)
- Nurse Mommy $50 gift card to Photofiddle (5/15 Worldwide)
- Nurse Mommy Bowl and Spoon Set (5/15 US Only)
- Momfessions Frame-a-Name (5/15)
- The Giveaway Personalized Fortune Cookies (5/16 US & Canada)
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE $25 ecoStore USA gift card (5/18 US Only)
- A Frog In My Soup Horizon Eggs Eggcellent Chef Pack (5/20 US only)
- Metropolitan MamaToshiba Portege M750 Laptop/Tablet and Laptop Bag from STM Bags (5/22 US Only)
- A Wrestiling Addicted Mommy Sticky Words Vinyl Wall Quote or Phrase (5/29 US Only)
- Goodies for Mom $100 gift card to Land’s End (5/11 US Only)
- Metropolitan Mama Braun Silk-epil Xpressive epilator (5/11 US Only)
- Melinda’s Mayhem Bath and Shower basket (5/12)
- Glade Fragrance Collection Reed Diffuser (5/14 US Only)
- Glimpse Cloth Nursing Pads (5/14 Worldwide)
- Nurse Mommy Zip Pouch (5/15 US Only)
- Melinda’s Mayhem Body Lotion and Spritzer by Body Nature (5/15)
- Everything Up Close Membership to Breakpal (5/16 Worldwide)
- Rockin’ Mama Women in Love DVD Collection (5/17 US Only)
- Traveling With Baby Organic O Necklace (5/17)
- Traveling with Baby Pair of boot cut jeans in ash rapids (5/18)
- Necklace from Studio 410 (5/19 Worldwide)
- Tara’s View of the World Headband from Andrea’s Beau (5/20 US & Canada)
- Everything Up Close T-shirt or Onesie from Little Chickie Wear (5/13 Worldwide)
- A Frog In My Soup Evenflo Comfort Select Breast Pump (5/13 US Only)
- Tara’s View of the World Evenflo Comfort Select Breast Pump (5/15 Canada Only)
- Evergreen Moms Baby Darling bib and burp cloth set (5/15 US & Canada)
- Evergreen Moms Short sleeve tee or onesie from Oliver Lane (5/16 US & Canada)
Just For Kids
- The Giveaway Wet Ones Antibacterial Wipes (5/11 US Only)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy My Tot Clock (5/11 US Only)
- Glimpse Girls bathing suit (5/13)
- Traveling with Baby Keen Newport H2 sandals (5/16 US Only)
- The Giveaway Name Your Tune CD (5/16 US & Canada)
- Tara’s View of the World Beech Nut Toddler Food (5/17 Canada Only)
Books for Grown-Ups
- Here and There The Ultimate Mom (5/13 US Only)
- All Because Two People Fell in LOVE Personalized Pillows Ebook (5/15 US Only)
- Chic Book Chick Standing By: The Making of an American Military Family in a Time of War (5/15 Worldwide)
- Tara’s View on Books From a Distance (5/20 US & Canada)
- Tara’s View of the World Dirty Bow Wow (5/22 US Only)
Books for Kids
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories Gift Set (5/12 US Only)
- Manic Mother Assortment of Children’s books – 2 winners (5/17)
Would you like to share a fun giveaway or a worth our while post? Please add it to the Mr. Linky below. You can come here any time this week to add in your link. Don’t miss out on the fun. Be sure to visit throughout the week as the linky grows, and more sites are added.
If you would like to have a post on your blog featured in 5 Minutes Around The Blogosphere, please send us an email with the actual link to your post at features5minutesformom at gmail dot com and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
You can find Marissa writing away at Mama Sparkles.