Nothing quite says Happy St. Patrick’s Day like a lucky green mint milkshake. The mix of bright color and cool mint makes it the perfect treat for the holiday. The best part is that it’s so easy to make and fun for kids. For a non-alcoholic drinking family like ours, you can rest assured we don’t let this happy-go-lucky holiday go without a few minty pints of our own.
While the recipe is about as simple as it gets, the real magic happens when you see your children sip their chilly drink.
You aren’t drinking it right if you don’t come out of the cup with dollop of marshmallow cream perched on your nose or smudged across your top lip.
I also like to make these for the entertainment factor. If you’ve ever watched a kid try to lick cream off their nose with their tongue, you’ll know exactly what I mean.
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- splash of green food coloring
- marshmallow cream
- Andes Mints Candy
- In a blender, blend the ice cream, milk, extract and food color until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and top with a dollop of marshmallow cream and candy mint sprinkles.
Be sure to visit Food Family Finds for more St. Patrick’s Day recipes.