Do you have an active kid who is ready for the next big thing in boarding?
What makes the Shred Sled unique is that it’s self-propelled. The casters and the swivel connector enable the user to keep moving while keeping both feet on the board. It also maneuvers in ways that typical skateboards cannot, such as coasting uphill as well as downhill.
Instead of me trying to explain it, watch this short video to see exactly what makes the Shred Sled so different:
I was fortunate to be able to attend the Time to Play Toy Expo last month in New York City, where many of this season’s hottest toys were unveiled. There was an ultra-buff dude (company president Eric King) riding around on this board having so much fun that it kind of got me excited to hope on one myself! My 11-year-old daughter Amanda and I have been trying it out, and to be honest — it’s really tough.
It’s recommended for 8 and up, and I would heed that recommendation. This is NOT for young kids, but if you have a coordinated kid or even an older teen, I think that this new innovation is worth a look.
The Toy Guy Chris Byrne posted a video showing many kids (in the 8-ish range) trying it out, so obviously if you have a kid who is already completely comfortable on a skateboard, their learning curve would be much shorter.
Even though Amanda inherited my lack of coordination, neither of us were frustrated by the Shred Sled. I think it will take us a little longer to “get it,” but since we live in a hilly terrain that made using her skateboard equally challenging, I think that once we do get it, it will be a great way to stay active and get outside.
One of you can win a the Shred Sled, retail value $119.99 (U.S. residents only), and the company has generously donated one to an Under the Tree recipient as well.
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- See our Christmas Giveaway 2009 post to read more about
participating in our Christmas Giveaway
- Either link back to this post and include a Christmas Giveaway 2009 button in that post or on your sidebar, or link to the individual giveaways you choose to enter. We have a ton of different buttons and styles for you to choose from. Click here to get the button codes. (If you post and include the button, either in your post or on your sidebar, and link back here, you are good for all the giveaways. No more linking required.)
- Please leave one comment below to enter this giveaway. You may earn additional entries for the following:
1. Subscribe to our Feed
2. Sign up for our Newsletter
If you are already subscribed and are on our newsletter list, you qualify for these two additional entries. Go ahead and leave your additional comments below.
- As always, non bloggers are welcome to participate! We understand you can’t link – but please spread the word to your friends via facebook, twitter, etc.
- Entries are open from Monday November 9th through Friday, December 4th at 12pm EST.
- Our winner will be drawn randomly and we will announce the winner Saturday, December 5th. Please make sure to check our site and your email address to see if you have won a prize. We must receive your reply within 5 business days. (If you want your prize to arrive in time — the sooner we hear from you, the better!)
- This contest is open to both US shipping addresses. Due to legal restrictions, this promotion void where prohibited.
Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use for a complete list of our Contest and Giveaway Rules.