This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Yes, I know that July is the farthest thing from Winter, but I was excited to give you an update on the Winter Weight Off.
When I started the Winter Weight Off series in February, I was plugging right along and making progress until a slew of Spring travel got me completely off course with my posting. Just like any diet or exercise regime, it’s so much easier to maintain a habit than it is to pick it up again after you’ve gotten off track.
Luckily, despite getting off course with my updates here, I have been able to stay pretty consistent with my goal to be more healthy….And I am happy to report that I have met my target weight!
For me, the key wasn’t so much about losing a certain amount of pounds, but about getting back into the clothes that I was wearing a few years ago and, most importantly, to return to a healthier life style.
More important than a number on the scale was the way I was feeling.
How I met my Winter Weight Off goals:
- Healthy Eating – I went back to the weight loss tips that I already knew and trusted.
- Eating LESS – Although I already ate healthily, I had to reduce the amount of my portions. As I get older, I can’t get away with eating quite so much. For instance, I would often eat Healthy Choice meals for lunch. Their controlled portions are perfect for me.
- Increasing my exercise – I simply upped my activity level. I started walking more and walking farther (having a dog to walk certainly helps with that!).
- I stopped indulging – I found that once I lost a bit of the weight, I was more motivated to not ruin what I had accomplished. Instead of getting my satisfaction out of what I ate, I got my satisfaction out of how great I was feeling. When temptation hit, I just focused on how good I felt and how much better my clothes were fitting.
Now that I’m thinner, I’m ready to firm things up and target a few key areas. Dustin Maher is going to help us all accomplish that with a new series here on 5 Minutes for Mom.
First, let me introduce you to Dustin.
Meet Dustin Maher
Dustin Maher, America’s Trainer To Moms, has been seen over 87 times on NBC, ABC, and CBS and been on countless radio shows, newspapers, and magazines.
His mission is to reach one million moms by the end of 2015. He runs one of the largest fitness bootcamp programs in the country out of his hometown of Madison, WI and has 28 different workout DVDs that moms from all over the world are doing. His Fit Moms For Life DVDs have sold over 10,000 copies in the past two years.
His belief is that being a mom is the most overworked and under-appreciated job around and it is time that moms took some time for themselves.
5 Minutes for Mom brings the personal trainer to YOU!
For the next 5 weeks Dustin will be sharing tips to help us all on the right track to eating, exercising, and living healthy. He will cover the following topics:
- Mindset: The thoughts you have control your behaviors.
- Environment: The people and places you surround yourself in have a big influence on how healthy
- Nutrition: The food you put into your body will have the greatest impact on your health and weight
- Strength training: To boost metabolism, strength training is an essential component to an overall toned body
- Burst training: This is the secret weapon to fat burning and cardiovascular fitness.
I hope you’ll join us!
Want to catch up with our previous Winter Weight Off posts?
Winter Weight Off
Weight Loss Tip #1 — No Dieting!
Weight Loss Tip #2 — Fill Up on Fiber
Weight Loss Recipe — Red River w Ground Flax
Weight Loss Tip #3 — Look for the LIGHT…
Weight Loss Tip #4 — Do it like the Diabetics
Weight Loss Tip #5 — Knowledge IS Power
PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT health professionals, nor do we make any health or medical claims or advice here at 5 Minutes for Mom. We are simply sharing our opinions and personal experiences. Please consult your doctor about all medical issues and make sure you follow your doctor and health professional’s instructions regarding your health and diet.
Another Note: I worked with ConAgra on their blogger advisory panel earlier this year on their “Better for BlogHer” campaign and was sent Healthy Choice meals as part of that campaign. Although the “Better for BlogHer” campaign is over and I am no longer required to link back to them, I am sharing my previous association with them for full disclosure purposes.
Written by 5 Minutes for Mom co-founder Janice.
To ensure you don’t miss any upcoming posts, you can sign up for our RSS feed.
Leave a Comment