Mother’s Day gifts are extra special when kids make them. Mother’s Day is truly a special moment when children (no matter how old) show their love and appreciation for the one that gave them life. While we moms are usually happy with any present we receive, the ones that are most heartwarming are those made by our kids. So we have gathered a lovely collection of Mother’s Day gifts kids can make.
While children might lack the inspiration to create an original gift themselves, we can certainly help them. I found some creative DIY Mother’s Day gifts kids can make which can also turn into delightful activities and quality time with our young ones.
This time of year is perfect for Dads to get involved crafting with their kids. If your husband needs a nudge, perhaps show him some of these ideas so that he can make them with the kids for you.
A wonderful way to treat Mom on Mother’s Day is for her husband to buy her a nice Mother’s Day gift and help their kids make some special homemade gifts as well. For ideas on Mother’s Day gifts you can buy, check out our Mother’s Day Gift Guide.
Mother’s Day Gifts Kids Can Make
(We especially love #4 and #13, so don’t miss those!)
- Kid-Made DIY Mother’s Day Floral Herb Perfume from hellowonderful.co
We love the idea of making this homemade “perfume” for Mother’s Day gifts. Kids can make this fragrant floral and herb “perfume” with water and essential oils.
- Watercolor Plant Markers from homemadeginger.com
Kids will love making these little plant markers and you can put a succulent or potted plant in them to give as Mother’s Day gift.
- Gorgeous Coffee Filter Flowers Tutorial from onecreativemommy.com
Making coffee filter flowers is a super easy Mother’s Day gift kids can make and always bring such beautiful results.
- DIY Mother’s Day Bracelets Using Coloring Pages from persialou.com
Children will love making wearable art for their moms. This DIY Mother’s Day Bracelets tutorial guides you step by step through making these pretty bracelets.
- Hand Print Bouquet from blog.wallfry.com
No need to buy expensive flowers, kids can make their mom this gorgeous hand-print bouquet.
- Easy Candy Flower Pops from thedecoratedcookie.com
Moms will love these sweet candy flower pops and kids will love making these cute spring treats.
- DIY Mother’s Day Photo Frame Gift from iheartcraftythings.com
If you’re looking for Mother’s Day gifts kids can make, check out these handmade photo frames you can make with a sweet picture for a lovely gift for mom or grandma.
- DIY Fresh Flower Love Sign from sugarandcloth.com
Here is an inexpensive project that makes a pretty DIY gift worth saving.
- Handprint And Footprint Flowers And Vase from alittlepinchofperfect.com
Handprint gifts are so precious when kids are little. This simple craft is such fun and moms will love it.
- 3 Gorgeous Mother’s Day Crafts For Preschoolers from we-are-scout.com
If you have a preschooler, try these simple crafts for cute little Mother’s Day gifts kids can make.
- DIY Giant Mother’s Day Card from themerrythought.com
Won’t mom be surprised by this giant Mother’s Day card? And kids will love making it.
- A Sundae For Mother’s Day from smartschoolhouse.com
Cards are so expensive, and moms prefer homemade anyway. These fun “sundae” cards take Mother’s Day card to the next level.
- How To Make Tissue Paper Flowers from pinkstripeysocks.com
This clear tutorial shows how easy it is to make tissue paper flowers.
- Kid-Made Picture Frame Vase from iheartartsncrafts.com
Combine a DIY picture frame with a DIY vase to make this special present.
- Asparagus Flower Vase from turniptheoven.com
This is a unique twist on a flower vase!
- 3 Ways To Wow Mom On Mother’s Day from makeandtakes.com
Really simple cards that won’t overwhelm anyone… even those who aren’t “into” crafts.
- Sweet, Kid Friendly Gift Bag Tutorial from tikkido.com
Making gift bags can be super simple!
- Mother’s Day Glitter Gift Tags from whitehousecrafts.net
Do you have scrapbook supplies sitting around the house? This is an easy craft for kids to add a personal touch to Mother’s Day.
- Tissue Paper Flowers from rustandsunshine.com
Here’s another lovely example of tissue paper flowers kids can make for Mother’s Day.
- Pipe Cleaner And Pom-Pom Mother’s Day Crown from designimprovised.com
Mom deserves a crown! Children will love making these cute crowns with sparkly pom-poms and pipe cleaners.
Find More DIY Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
And don’t miss these two DIY mother’s day gift ideas we shared here at 5 Minutes for Mom…
Have you, your husband or other family member ever helped your child create a Mother’s Day gift?
What was it? How did it turn out? Leave us a comment, we’d love to hear.
Pin it for Later