This week, we have guest tackler Jessica Turner here tackling at 5 Minutes for Mom. Remember, you too can be a guest tackler at 5M4M. Just email us at tackleittuesday at gmail dot com.
When I am not working, I can be found spending time with my sweet family and/or scrapbooking about them. I got into scrapbooking six years ago and haven’t looked back. On my blog, The Life, Faith and Creativity of Jessica Turner , I often write about discoveries as a new mom, share my latest and greatest attempts at photographing Elias and scrapbooking projects.
This week I would like to discuss tackling those baby photos! I recently hosted The Best in Baby Scrapbooking on my blog and received lots of feedback from moms who either had never put together a baby album for their children, felt overwhelmed by their photos or just didn’t know where to begin. Thankfully, I have found a great kit that allows busy moms to tell their kids’ baby stories with ease.
The Creating Keepsakes Becky Higgins Sweet Baby Kit was created by mom of three and scrapbooking guru Becky Higgins. As a busy mom, she incorporated all the right stuff to make scrapbooking your baby’s first year a breeze. I tackled the kit a week ago and put a big dent into this project.
Here are the top five things I liked about tackling this kit:
- Room for Lots of Photos – I have been overwhelmed about scrapbooking my son’s birth because of the sheer number of photos that we took. The kit comes with lots of divided page protectors, which allowed me to incorporate more than 30 photos on one page (front and back)
- Journaling Prompts – Sometimes I just don’t know what to write in my scrapbooks! This kit includes journaling cards with lots of prompts, which made telling my story a breeze.
- Boy or Girl – A lot of times it seems that kits seem to lean more girl than boy, but everything about this kit is double-sided giving me lots of options. I was able to select “boy” colors for all the pages having to do with Elias, but more girly options for pages about my pregnancy and relationship with Matthew.
- Flexibility – While I would consider myself a more advanced scrapbooker, I like the flexibility of this kit… meaning, I was able to scrap simply and efficiently and still have a great looking layout when I finished a page. It can be easy to get caught up in the mentality of “this has to be perfect because it is my child’s baby book,” but thanks to the great design of this kit, I didn’t have to worry about it! It looks great on its own.
- Tons of Product – A lot of times I feel like kits don’t give you enough product to do a satisfactory job on an album. This is not the case with this kit. I don’t think I will be able to use it all! I loved having lots of options for the embellishments on my pages like chipboard frames, ribbon, and epoxy stickers.
For a video of me talking about this kit (can you tell how much I love it?) check out this post on my blog.
Great news! Creating Keepsakes has generously donated a Becky Higgins Sweet Baby Kit to give away to one lucky 5 Minutes for Mom reader.
To enter to win the The Creating Keepsakes Becky Higgins Sweet Baby Kit , leave a comment here on this post. We will announce a randomly selected winner next week.
Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use for a complete list of our Contest and Giveaway Rules. This promotion is void where prohibited.
I hope this tackle inspires you to tackle your photos as we get ready to enter into a new year.
What are you tackling this week? Link up and show off!
If you tackled a project this week, just add a comment and add your link below.
Happy tackling ladies…