You might remember that Susan recently participated in a webcast with Thom Filicia. I’d like to remind you that you can still enter to win one of the $25,000 makeovers in the Kimberly-Clark Room-a-Day giveaway through 3/6/09.
And now I’d like to offer you a review of his book Thom Filicia Style: Inspired Ideas for Creating Rooms You’ll Love, along with a shot at winning one for yourself!
I think that I can best sum up what you might find in this book by letting you take a peek at random excerpts:
- Go to it! Have fun! You’re on your own — but remember Thom Filicia is always there! (from the introduction by Albert Hadley
- Treat this book as a how-to guide for self-expression with style (p. 11).
- My first Manhattan apartment (as pictured). I found the blue vinyl chair — which I still have — in the building’s trash room (page 13).
- I think a fabulously styled place is achievable by everyone, and with the crazy abundance of decorating resources and info available today, there’s almost no reason to have bad taste, so listen up (page 16)
- Throw pillows are an inexpensive low-commitment way to bring some pops of color to a room (page 51)
He then gives ten tips for decorating and ten moods that you can aim towards achieving in any given space. The book is chock-full of pictures, which is always helpful. The tone (as indicated above) is cheerful, upbeat, chatty and practical.
If you’d like to win a copy of Thom Filicia Style: Inspired Ideas for Creating Rooms You’ll Love, leave a comment here. The winner will be announced in next Monday’s column and is subject to our terms and conditions and void where prohibited.