This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Old-looking wood is so trendy at the moment, especially farmhouse style. While making new wood look old might seem complicated, it’s actually not that difficult.
To successfully distress wood, you just need to be willing to put in the effort and follow a good guide. We found quite a few distressed wood tutorials that are very well explained so even a beginner shouldn’t have any problems following them. You wouldn’t guess how many different methods there are for distressing wood.
Most of these guides use inexpensive supplies so instead of spending a ton of cash on distressed furniture you can make your own for a fraction of the price! Brilliant, right?
- How To Distress Paint With Vaseline from lovegrowswild.com
- Distress Furniture With Vinegar Tutorial from whitelacecottage.com
- Rustic Wooden Clock Tutorial from cherishedbliss.com
- How To Distress Wood With Paint from makeanddocrew.com
- How To Distress New Wood Like Joanna Gaines from creativesavingsblog.com
- Easy DIY Distressed Finished Shelf from ellaclaireinspired.com
- How To Make A DIY Distressed Headboard from livesimply.me
- How To Achieve The Weathered Paint Look from downhomeinspiration.com
- DIY Distressed Frame from sweetpenniesfromheaven.com
- Distressed Wood Sign from bloominghomestead.com
- Pink Floral Dresser from shadesofblueinteriors.com
- How To Distress Furniture from simplicityinthesouth.com
- DIY Ikea Hack Distressed Wooden Shelves from sugarandcloth.com
- My New Farm Style Table from sweetpickinsfurniture.com
- Distressed Wood Top Coffee Table from starfishcottageblog.com
- Make A Distressed Wood Photo Backdrop from abeautifulmess.com
- Chalk Paint Tutorial from sincerelysarad.com
- DIY Distressed Plank Wall from shanty-2-chic.com
- No-Sand Distressed Photo Holder from simplydesigning.porch.com
- Rustic Headboard from beingbrook.com
One of the best parts of modern life with Pinterest is all the inspiration, ideas and tutorials available for renovating and decorating our homes.
I’m the type of person that really needs to see examples to get my own creative juices flowing. It’s so wonderful how many bloggers share their home renovations and DIY projects on their blogs and on Pinterest.
Of course Pinterest is our favorite way of browsing for ideas, and we always try to click through and support the bloggers on their blogs.
We’re so blown away (and often rather jealous – but in a good way) of all the amazing DIY projects that other bloggers tackle and share. We love to support and link to their work.
You’ll find lots of those awesome DIY projects on our Pinterest DIY Board.
Try These Other DIY Projects
Don’t miss our other DIY projects including this how to build a bookcase for beginners tutorial.
And these DIY Washi Tape Wooden Letters are beautiful and easy to make.
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at pinterest.com/5minutesformom
Leave a Comment