I’m in shock. I’m wiping away my tears that fell while reading Stacey’s post about this unbelievable nightmare that, Praise God, ended in a miracle.
In hopes of saving other families from this trauma and potential tragedy, Stacey has shared her painful experience on her blog in a post called “The worst five minutes of my life.”
When you read her story, you’ll hear how:
“One of my twin 3 year-olds fell in a hole dug by some other children, and it collapsed on him, completely burying him (8-10 inches over his head). It happened in a split second when our heads were turned (my children were still in my peripheral vision, then I noticed only one was still there).
We are so blessed that things turned out the way they did, and eternally grateful for our personal angel, a 25 year-old woman who noticed an indentation in he sand and wondered if my son could be there. This is a completely preventable danger, and I hope that my story might help others be more aware that it could happen….”
Apparently deaths caused by sand holes are not such rare and freak accidents. They happen and far too many children have died when buried alive by a collapsed hole in the sand. Just last month, a Boston physician warned the public of the risk of digging large holes on the beach.
Please take a moment to read Stacey’s story and then please spread the word to all the families you know. Let’s help reduce the risk of these needless deaths by educating families and reducing the number of large holes dug in the sand.