Besides essential furniture, I think every home needs to have a TV stand. Let’s face it, modern TV’s might be thin but they do have huge screens and we also have other media devices such as DVD players, gaming consoles and whatnot so we need a dedicated piece of furniture to put them on.
Investing in an attractive but also functional TV stand is usually costly but not if you make your own, or upcycle an old one. There is a bit of work involved in making your own TV stand but it is a perfect weekend project. Just a bit of elbow grease and you can save hundreds of dollars if not even more!
Check out these DIY TV stands – some of them are made from scratch, others are made from old furniture so I’m sure you will find all the instructions needed to create your own without breaking the bank. Which one’s your favorite?
Check out each of these DIY TV Stand tutorials from our blogging friends…
- DIY TV Stand from craftsmandrive.com
- How To Build An Industrial Console Table from refreshrestyle.com
- DIY X-leg TV Stand from homemadebycarmona.com
- DIY TV Console from twofeetfirst.net
- Ikea Restyle Mid Century TV Stand from abeautifulmess.com
- DIY TV Console from lizmarieblog.com
- Shelving Unit To TV Stand from infarrantlycreative.net
- How To Turn A Dresser Into A TV Stand from twotwentyone.net
- Reclaimed Wood & Black Pipe TV Stand from whatroseknows.com
- DIY TV Stand from alittlecraftinyourday.com
- Turn A Dresser Into A TV Stand from cherishedbliss.com
- MY Frech Provincial TV Unit from thewhimsicalwife.com
- DIY Dresser To TV Console from askannamoseley.com
- DIY Pottery Barn TV Stand from jenwoodhouse.com
- Turn A Dresser Into A TV Stand†from fayshouse.com
- Dresser Turned TV Stand Makeover from attheparks.blogspot.com
- Refinished Media Console†from lovegrowswild.com
- DIY Media Console from shanty-2-chic.com
- The Rescued TV Console†from idlehandsawake.com
- TV Console DIY from theweatheredfox.com
And Don’t Miss These DIY Home Projects
Of course you can never have enough bookshelves.
Follow these steps to make your own DIY Basic Bookshelf.
If you have small children, they need small chairs.
Make them yourself with this tutorial for a DIY Basic Kids Chair.
Pin it for Later
All images used with permission from the bloggers.
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at http://pinterest.com/5minutesformom/