This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Anna Hettick, Managing Editor, shares 15 Easy Ways to Show Your Spouse Love. This is the third post in a series inspired and sponsored by the new memoir from New York Times bestselling, author Melanie Shankle, “The Antelope in the Living Room“. You can read the first post here and the second post here.
It can be easy in a young relationship to show your love. It’s new and exciting and each other is mostly all you think about. But then life happens and there’s marriage, houses, kids, bills, etc. What was once new and exciting has become not new and not as exciting. Sure, you still love your spouse, but trying to keep up with everyday life day in and day out can sometimes leave you feeling like there is no time for your relationship with your spouse.
Making the time is crucial. It shows you spouse you care and it sets a good example to those around you. Here are 15 easy ways to show you love your spouse. They might now all be dinner out and roses, but they’ll get the message across anyway.
- Do a chore your spouse dislikes or hasn’t had time to get to.
- Hug your spouse. Sometimes a bad day can be made better by a simple hug.
- Kiss your spouse. Sometimes a kiss can help a bad day too.
- Fix your spouse’s favorite dinner, even if it’s something you don’t really care for.
- Help them out with a project or task without having to be asked.
- Greet them at the door when they get home from work.
- Take the kids somewhere and let your spouse have a relaxing day at home.
- Alternatively, keep the kids at home and send your spouse out for a fun day with the guys/girls.
- Be supportive & encouraging of your spouse.
- Write a message on the bathroom mirror.
- Hold hands while watching TV or a movie.
- Complement your spouses appearance.
- Surprise your spouse with a small (or large!) gift.
- Tell them something you love about them.
- Look in their eyes and say I Love You.
A good marriage takes hard work. But a good marriage is worth the time and effort it takes.
About the Book:
New York Times bestselling author Melanie Shankle comes through again with her hilarious memoir of married life. Read The Antelope in the Living Room!
Melanie reminds you of the joy that comes when couples learn to laugh together. Welcome to the real story of two people sharing one life.
Order a copy of Melanie’s book today.
Disclosure: This is the second post in a series inspired and sponsored by the new memoir from New York Times bestselling, author Melanie Shankle, “The Antelope in the Living Room“.
Written by Anna Hettick, 5 Minutes for Mom Managing Editor.
Leave a Comment