This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Hosting a party to watch a big football game like the Super Bowl can be one of the most fun events you host all year. Here are 40 tips to make your party a true winner…
- Plan to have the right number of guests. The more may be the merrier, unless they can’t see the TV.
- Make an online invitation list to track RSVPs and get an accurate count of guests.
- Ask guests if they want to bring any food and find out exactly who is bringing what dish.
- Do a deep clean ahead of time and then a quick vacuum the morning of the party.
- Get rid of PET HAIR — make sure your carpet, couch and chairs are free of any pet hair.
- Clean out your fridge and make room for party food.
- Dust your TV, mantle, coffee table, and end tables.
- Clear ice or snow from your stairs, driveway and entrance.
- Grocery shop well ahead of time and stock up on ingredients, drinks, supplies and bags of ice.
- Plan ahead how many people are coming and how much food you’ll need.
- Ensure you have extra garbage bags and paper towels on hand.
- Get out your barbecue if you’ll be using it.
- Consider asking a couple guests to bring extra crockpots or warming plates for keeping food and dips warm.
- Set up your dining room table or another buffet table with napkins, paper plates, serving spoons, cutlery, dishes, glasses etc ahead of time.
- If you choose to cut down on dishes by using paper plates and perhaps plastic cups, still use real utensils.
- Place extra seats, chairs and cushions in your TV room — arrange them to ensure everyone can see and still walk through the room
- Remove anything unnecessary or fragile from coffee, end tables and other furniture in the TV room.
- Place out lots of coasters.
- Keep plenty of napkins and paper towels nearby.
- Cool beer mugs in the freezer overnight.
- Print out drink labels so that people can keep track of whose glass is whose.
- Chill drinks ahead.
Set Up The Room
Disclosure: This post is part of our promotional campaign with BISSELL.
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at http://pinterest.com/5minutesformom/
Leave a Comment