Summer break is under way, and that means more relaxed days sleeping in and enjoying brunch instead of rushing through breakfast each day. This Cinnamon Apple Pie Breakfast Bake is the perfect treat for starting off a lazy day. This is Tonya here… and you are going to love this latest recipe. Thank you to Furlani for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
If you’re looking for a delicious comfort food, you will love this Cinnamon Apple Pie Breakfast Bake. This tasty treat may have breakfast in the name, but you can enjoy this treat any time of day… and any time of year. To make this recipe really quick and easy, I use cans of apple pie filling from the grocery store.
The other day we shared with you a recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Chili with Fire Roasted Cornbread Biscuits using Ann’s Biscuits – Fire Roasted Cornbread Biscuits, well this latest recipe uses Ann’s Biscuits – Cinnamon Cream Cheese.
Follow the recipe below to make this delicious breakfast bake. You can make this in a 9″ baking dish which will comfortably hold one package of Ann’s Biscuits, or use a cast-iron skillet. Either way, these will turn out perfectly.
Fill the gaps with a can of apple pie mix and walnuts, and then top with a crumb topping and you are set to pop these into the oven. It’s as easy as that.
Once they are out of the oven and cooled just a little drizzle icing over the top before serving.
How To Make A Cinnamon Apple Pie Breakfast Bake
- Ann's Biscuits - Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ⅓ cup walnut pieces
- 1 tbs butter, softened
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs white sugar
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbs half and half
- Thaw Ann's Biscuits - Cinnamon Cream Cheese before placing into a baking dish (or cast-iron skillet).
- Once thawed brushed the softened butter on the base and sides of the pan, and over the top of each biscuit.
- Pour the apple pie filling over the top, making sure to fill the gaps between the biscuits.
- Sprinkle walnuts over the top.
- Pop the baking dish into the oven for 25 minutes.
- While baking, combine the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, and butter into a bowl mixing it all together until crumbly with your hands. Sprinkle over the top of the bake, and pop it back into the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool just a little while you combine the powdered sugar and half & half into a jug, and drizzle it over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Pin It For Later
Disclosure: This post is sponsored, so extra thanks for reading and sharing.
Written by Tonya Staab, contributor at 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with us: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with us at pinterest.com/5minutesformom