Summer can be the best time of year for families. The sun is shining and it’s the season for family vacations. We want you to have the best summer ever, so we’ve got 10 summer safety tips to help keep you, your family, your home and your belongings safe and secure.
I’m a member of Master Lock’s Live Secure Safety Squad and have been compensated for my time in writing this post. My opinions are my own.
10 Summer Safety Tips
- Swimming pools are the staples of summer fun. But also a huge danger. Refresh your CPR skills and ensure pools are gated and that children cannot accidentally gain access to the pool while unattended.
- When you’re out as a family in large public places such as amusement parks or fairs, arrange a meeting spot and teach kids what to do if they get lost or separated from the group.
- Renting out your home or having someone come by to water your plants and check up on the place? Don’t leave the keys under the mat or behind a rock. Use a lock box, such as the Master Lock 5422D Portable Key Safe.
- Summer is for bike rides! Make sure you lock up your bike with a Master Lock 8195D Bike Lock.
- Heading out on a road trip? Make sure your get your car serviced before you head out. Also ensure you have an emergency kit in your car.
- Camping with an RV is such an awesome family adventure. If you’re lucky enough to have an RV, use a lock for towing your RV such as Master Lock 1469DAT Heavy Duty Receiver Lock to resist picking and prying and avoid it being stolen.
- Keep vital information such as health insurance and other medical and personal identification numbers online in Master Lock Vault. If an accident happens, you’ll have the necessary information available on your smart phone.
- You should protect important documents and valuables in a fire safe all year round, but depending where you live, the summer can bring an extra risk of forest fires. If you haven’t yet, get a SentrySafe. The SentrySafe 1200 Privacy Lock Chest is compact and versatile but if you have more to store, consider the Extra Large Digital Alarm Fire Safe from SentrySafe.
- If you’re going away, talk to your neighbours to let them know you’ll be out of town and give them a phone number to contact you in an emergency. Find out when they’ll be out of town so you can return the favour.
- When you fly and park your car at the airport, don’t leave a GPS in your car as it can show thieves where you live and they’ll know you’re out of town.
We hope these summer safety tips help you keep your family, home, and belongings safe this season.
Share With Your Friends
We’d love, love, love a tweet or a pin… Thanks so much! 🙂