I’m a member of Master Lock’s Live Secure Safety Squad and have been compensated for my time in writing this post. My opinions are my own.
If your parents are progressing in their senior years, you may start worrying about their safety and security. Many seniors prefer to continue living independently, so it’s a good idea to help them take a few extra steps to ensure their personal safety and secure their belongings.
Here are 5 security tips along with suggested products and services from Master Lock that can help you help your elderly parents stay safe…
- Secure Sliding Patio DoorsA patio door or any other sliding door can be an easier target for a burglar than a regular door.
To help add an extra layer of security, reinforce the sliding door with a Master Lock 265DCCSEN Security Door Bar.
These bars are easy to use and will help everyone feel a little safer.
- Safely Share A Spare KeySo often when we want to leave a key out for a friend, relative or worker to gain access to our home, we’re tempted to hide it under a mat or under a plant.
It’s important for all of us to remember not to do this. You can help your own parents out by letting them know there’s a safer way to do this now.
By using a Master Lock Key Safe, you can store spare keys to give someone access to your house while you’re out.
- Keep Valuables Safe While TravelingIf your parents spend time at the beach or travel often, you may want to remind them to keep their most expensive and important items like smart phones, cameras, jewelry, keys, passports, sunglasses, cash, and credit cards extra safe.
With Master Lock SafeSpace you can lock up those small valuables and lock them down by wrapping the cable securely around a fixed object.
- Keep Valuables and Important Documents in a Fire SafeSeniors often have collected many personal items that are extraordinarily valuable both for their memories and monetary worth.
You want to help them to take extra steps to ensure those items are protected from fire and theft.
You and your parents will have peace of mind with a Sentry Safe Combination Fire Safe.
- Store Passwords and Private Digital Data SecurelyYour parents didn’t grow up in an age where they had to use fifty different passwords every day. Explain to them the importance of creating secure passwords and using different passwords on different websites.
In order to remember different passwords that are complex enough to be safe, we all need to use a secure site to store the passwords.
Show your parents how to use the site Master Lock Vault to keep track of their passwords and other digital data.
Share With Your Friends
If you found this post helpful, we’d love, love, love a tweet or a pin… Thanks so much! 🙂